in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Simultaneous downloading

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: Simultaneous downloading  (Read 18055 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Simultaneous downloading
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:22 AM »

Everyone --

Please download one file at a time.

Simultaneous downloads are frowned upon and open you to broken files and wasted downloads.

Seriously, some of you I emailed personally, some I did not -- too many are doing it for me to actually send out individual notices.

Please -- temper your downloading habits and download one file at a time.

We appreciate your cooperation and consideration in advance.

Boox909
GAC Moderator
ip icon Logged

jeffcannell

• VIP
message icon
Re: Simultaneous downloading
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:26:21 PM »

Mea Culpa-

I have done that several times. I apologize and will mend my ways.

Thanks for all your work,

Jeff
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:29:10 AM »

How about setting up some sort of  "download selection collection function" which could allows a person to bookmark the titles they want to download on one control pannel, and then a one-click link to one at a time to download?

It could keep simultaneus downloads from happening,as well as allowing for shorter time between downloads when you want to download more than one issue in a sitting.   It would save a couple of steps. It's smoother than find book,download book,wait for book to download,close window,go find next book,and so on. Plus the "download selection collection function" could be set to help a person keep track of what and when they downloaded. (Helpful when collecting particular issues of a series when additional issues or upgrades are available.)

Just throwing out some ideas.  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »

How about setting up some sort of  "download selection collection function" which could allows a person to bookmark the titles they want to download on one control pannel, and then a one-click link to one at a time to download?

It could keep simultaneus downloads from happening,as well as allowing for shorter time between downloads when you want to download more than one issue in a sitting.   It would save a couple of steps. It's smoother than find book,download book,wait for book to download,close window,go find next book,and so on. Plus the "download selection collection function" could be set to help a person keep track of what and when they downloaded. (Helpful when collecting particular issues of a series when additional issues or upgrades are available.)

Just throwing out some ideas.  ;D

I like that idea!  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »

cool idea
ip icon Logged

wolfattack

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: wolfattack
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:59:33 PM »

I everyone!! i am new to this site,and i im from Brazil,then sorry for the english mistakes tha i will probaly make. :(
I have one question, and i will ask to everyone to forgive me if i said anything stupid :P

here i go:why you guys dont put some golden age comics from DC and Marvel here for download??

im looking for the legendary ''New Fun #1''(February 1935,cover date).if anyone can tell where i can find it,i will be glad.

Ah,this site is awesome,keep the good work!!! ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:11:41 PM »

DC/MARVEL product is off limits here on GAC.

B.

I everyone!! i am new to this site,and i im from Brazil,then sorry for the english mistakes tha i will probaly make. :(
I have one question, and i will ask to everyone to forgive me if i said anything stupid :P

here i go:why you guys dont put some golden age comics from DC and Marvel here for download??

im looking for the legendary ''New Fun #1''(February 1935,cover date).if anyone can tell where i can find it,i will be glad.

Ah,this site is awesome,keep the good work!!! ;D
ip icon Logged

wolfattack

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:40:44 AM »

well,because the help topic/opening files has not been in use for 2 years,i decided to put my problem here:

i have just downloaded the Smash comics,from Quality,and when i go to open that file whit CD Display,a message saying ''This Archive is not a valid Zip archive'' is show.

anyone have a ideia because this happen???
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 12:50:42 AM »

well,because the help topic/opening files has not been in use for 2 years,i decided to put my problem here:

i have just downloaded the Smash comics,from Quality,and when i go to open that file whit CD Display,a message saying ''This Archive is not a valid Zip archive'' is show.

anyone have a ideia because this happen???

Respectfully, the answer to your question IS in the Golden Age Comics Help Section, so please do not discount the Help Sections -- they are in regular use, so please use them.

This thread will be of help to you.
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep on topic posting in order.

B.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:05:11 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

wolfattack

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 01:28:59 AM »

ok,but the answer is not there... ::)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:31:03 AM by wolfattack »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37:30 AM »

ok,but the answer is not there... ::)

With the aid of the following programs -- TUGZip, IZArc, Filzip, and CDisplay -- I can open any file presented on GAC.

As an illustration, let us say that I downloaded Wings #98, but cannot read it in CDisplay. As a solution, I use one of the aforementioned programs, Filzip in this case, and unzipped the individual jpegs into a new folder. Afterward, I can open the new folder in CDisplay and read the comic with no problems.

Regards,
B.
ip icon Logged

wolfattack

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 01:41:22 AM »

sorry for the trouble,and thanks!! ;)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »

Everyone --

Please download one file at a time.

Simultaneous downloads are frowned upon and open you to broken files and wasted downloads.

Please -- temper your downloading habits and download one file at a time.

We appreciate your cooperation and consideration in advance.

Boox909
GAC Moderator
ip icon Logged

pandadug

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: pandadug
message icon
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »

I'm sorry. I tried downloading 2 files at once last night and got an error message and no more downloading privaliges. I just now read this about multiple downloads. Please allow me to download again; I won't multiple download any more. Thanks!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »

I'm sorry. I tried downloading 2 files at once last night and got an error message and no more downloading privaliges. I just now read this about multiple downloads. Please allow me to download again; I won't multiple download any more. Thanks!

You are have not read GAC F.A.Q. yet? The faq informs that resets are monthly, as you have only been a member for a day or so, you are not eligible for a download reset at this time. If you consult the "HERE'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO START DOWNLOADING!" post, item #3 informs you of options for obtaining additional downloads.

B.
ip icon Logged

pandadug

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »

Yes. I did read it, but I hadn't realized that I had downloaded my limit. Thank you for your great site and I will patiently wait for my reset. :)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »

Yes. I did read it, but I hadn't realized that I had downloaded my limit. Thank you for your great site and I will patiently wait for my reset. :)

You've just earned yourself street cred bonus!!!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

pandadug

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 05:13:48 PM »

Thanks!  ;D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 08:01:48 PM »

I should pay more attention to this techy stuff.  I am really sorry to have been part of the problem.  I plead ignorance and too much of a cavalier attitude, I'm also rather embarrassed.  Consider my wrist slapped.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 02:11:54 AM »

It's quite OK, Paw.  With all that comic goodness waiting to be had, it's hard not to be over enthusiastic.

A good rule of conduct would be, however, to pause and read the download that you have already made before starting another.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:45 PM »

Our sages have written: "Blessed are they who download one file at a time. They are the saints of GAC-UK. The rotten eggs of Fin Fang Foom shall be the reward of the simultaneous downloader; be they vip or not. For they are the foes of the server."

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 05:00:47 AM »

Because some folks need reminding...

Our sages have written: "Blessed are they who download one file at a time. They are the saints of GAC-UK. The rotten eggs of Fin Fang Foom shall be the reward of the simultaneous downloader; be they vip or not. For they are the foes of the server."

Boox909
GAC Admin Team
ip icon Logged

raymondo1960

message icon
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »

I'm sorry, I missed the posts that this was a problem. I will write on the blackboard 100 times "I promise never to simultaneously download here again." :-[
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:05 PM »

I'm sorry, I missed the posts that this was a problem. I will write on the blackboard 100 times "I promise never to simultaneously download here again." :-[

;D Once the download site is back online, your penitence will be remembered and rewarded!  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Because some folks need reminding...

Boox909
GAC Admin Team
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.