in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

An Alter Ego question

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: An Alter Ego question  (Read 1792 times)

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
An Alter Ego question
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »

Does anybody know how to tell if a copy of Alter Ego #5 is an original or a reprint?  Not that it matters much- I'm happy with what I paid for my copy either way- but I think it was the only reprinted issue of the original run.  Thanks in advance.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
Re: An Alter Ego question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »

I think many issues of Alter Ego were reprinted.  As I recall 1-3 were originally ditto and reprinted later -- perhaps only by Xerox.  #5 (and I think #7) were reprinted as facsimiles (not using a fax machine I meam almost identical to the original printing).  I have, or had, a copy of the reprint of #5 and it clearly stated someplace it was reprinted by SFCA (or some combination of those letters -- I think it was G.B. Love's organization).  I think this statement was on the back cover near the return address.  I'll try to check if I can find my copy.

Looking at the copy on this site.  I'd say that's a scan of the original. It's not my scan just my upload.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:31:44 PM by JonTheScanner »
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »

Mine seems to match the scan fairly well.  It even still has a stamp and mailing address on the back, and there is no labeling of it as a reprint.  I got it and #8 in VG condition for under $30 the pair, not a bad price at all.

Now I just need to keep telling myself, go slow and just plain forget about the first 3- those I'll settle for the Best Of collection.  Or maybe someday TwoMorrows or Hamster Press will bring out a "definitive collection".  It's really interesting to see the series evolve.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »

If we have the permission to reprint these, I have issues 4-9 available for scanning.

And LOTS more I'm willing to provide IF we have the authority to reproduce them.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

sipseywilderness

message icon
An Alter Ego question
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »

Does anyone have Alter Ego volume 1 number 11 done around 1979. Only one I am missing.

Thanks
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.