in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Views & downloading

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Views & downloading  (Read 3286 times)

RRL

• VIP
message icon
Views & downloading
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:58:33 AM »

??? I've noticed there are number of views & number of downloads listed for each comic. What is the difference and is there someway to view the comics without downloading the .cbr or .cbz files? My downloads seem to be quite limited and it won't take long to burn through my remaining bandwidth. I was wondering if it was possible to read them without actually acquiring the files. Incidentally, 3 files I downloaded would not work (Horrific #7, Strange Fantasy #11, Tales of Horror #1). I don't know if the files got corrupted while downloading or if there was a problem with them to begin with. Everything else I've downloaded has been great! I can't believe how much incredible material is available on this site. Is it possible to reset my limits when my bandwidth runs out?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Views & downloading
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 04:09:50 AM »

??? I've noticed there are number of views & number of downloads listed for each comic. What is the difference and is there someway to view the comics without downloading the .cbr or .cbz files? My downloads seem to be quite limited and it won't take long to burn through my remaining bandwidth. I was wondering if it was possible to read them without actually acquiring the files. Incidentally, 3 files I downloaded would not work (Horrific #7, Strange Fantasy #11, Tales of Horror #1). I don't know if the files got corrupted while downloading or if there was a problem with them to begin with. Everything else I've downloaded has been great! I can't believe how much incredible material is available on this site. Is it possible to reset my limits when my bandwidth runs out?

Apologies for the problems you are having. Please tell us exactly what the problem was with Horrific #7, Strange Fantasy #11, and Tales of Horror #1. You were able to download them, but what did you use to attempt to read them with? CDisplay? Sometimes I have to use TUGZip or IZArc or Filzip to open a stubborn file, place the individual jpegs into a new folder, then read it from CDisplay. Consider trying this method out.

Resets are monthly, but active forum members are rewarded because we appreciate that these individuals take the time to share news, insights about comics, pulps, SF, etc. If you desire VIP status and the unlimited downloads that come with me, drop me a note and I will fill you in on how to go about it, or you can check the GAC F.A.Q. for details.

I will credit you for the problems you are having. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Btw, at present there it is not yet possible to read the files without actually downloading them.

B.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:25:36 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »

And I'm pretty sure "view" means how many people have visited that page.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »

If you click on the link it lists it as a view. You have to actually download to be a download
ip icon Logged

RRL

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:45:08 PM »

Thanks for the info. I figured out what the problem with the files that didn't work was. It turned out that they were compressed in a zip file twice. Once I extracted them from the original downloaded file , the resulting .cbz file was viewable.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:25:35 PM »

Thanks for the info. I figured out what the problem with the files that didn't work was. It turned out that they were compressed in a zip file twice. Once I extracted them from the original downloaded file , the resulting .cbz file was viewable.

The wooly world of viewing comic scans!  ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.