in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Pictures of the Gang

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

topic icon Author Topic: Pictures of the Gang  (Read 44524 times)

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Pictures of the Gang
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

But then, narf, NEITHER are We (that good looking, I mean).
Here's proof. You've all seen my portrait/avatar and some of you have seen the pics Geo took when he visited and all of my Paris pics are still available at
http://www.bpib.com/paris/Paris%20Adventure.html
but here are two pictures I just dug out of the attic while searching for stuff to sell on eBay. They were still in the envelope from Vince Davis with the Oct. 27. 1971 postmark. They were taken in Doug Wildey's studio the day I met him and walked out with the originals that became The Movie Cowboy. Meet Karen and Jim from 39 years ago:

So there... I really WAS young once.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:25:53 PM by JVJ »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:50 AM »

Wow Jim, nice pics! I bet you can't believe how far you've come since those pictures were taken. I was only 1 year old in 1971! Doesn't that make you feel great! Just kidding  :)
I can imagine how you feel when people mention the age difference. There's a kid I work with around 20 or so. I made some mention of Mork & Mindy and he had no idea what that was. I said "Nanu nanu? Shazbot?" He thought I was nuts. The realization sunk in that I've been out of high school longer than he's been alive. As much as these things somewhat bug me - getting older is not too much a big deal to me - I relish the wisdom, the memories, and the history I've seen from getting older. Remember our hobby...like the books we love we get better with age!
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 06:03:13 AM »

Wow Jim, nice pics! I bet you can't believe how far you've come since those pictures were taken. I was only 1 year old in 1971! Doesn't that make you feel great! Just kidding  :)
I can imagine how you feel when people mention the age difference. There's a kid I work with around 20 or so. I made some mention of Mork & Mindy and he had no idea what that was. I said "Nanu nanu? Shazbot?" He thought I was nuts. The realization sunk in that I've been out of high school longer than he's been alive. As much as these things somewhat bug me - getting older is not too much a big deal to me - I relish the wisdom, the memories, and the history I've seen from getting older. Remember our hobby...like the books we love we get better with age!

Yeah, it's weird. I can truthfully tell some of my friends, "I have coffee mugs older that you!"

It is especially odd dealing with REALLY young people. We help raise Karen's twin nephews, just turned 13, and it's tough when you have to explain what a "record" is - though THEY do know "shazbot". They loved Mork & Mindy. In fact, it's one of the few things they liked about the summer we took them to Paris. They had the M&M DVDs to help them through the terrible time we subjected them to.

It was a real shock unearthing those pics. And getting older is always a treat, especially when you consider the alternative...

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 06:57:56 AM »

Me, in 2005-Spring...

Me, in 2010-Spring

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:00:09 AM by cimmerian32 »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

My drivers license picture does not even look like me anymore   :-\
My hair was probably about the same length as yours in '71 Jim.
Wow does Karen look like one of those pretty flower children of the time fitting the image perfectly.
ip icon Logged

PointsOfLight

message icon
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »

That's what I was thinking Narf! cimmerian your pic from 2005 reminds of Alton Brown from Good Eats.
ip icon Logged

peedanee

message icon
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »

Wow, it's such a rare case for forum's admins to show their photos. I'm peedanee. Nice to meet you guys. As new member I say thanks to you for this lovely site.  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »

welcome peedanee feel free to share an actual photo here too
ip icon Logged

peedanee

message icon
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »

Hi, narfstar. Well thank you but I'll stick with my avatar for now. :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »

No problem you would be in the majority
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

me and my art assistant
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »

Good to know ya Wiley and Moritmer
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »

Looks like you're training him to be your inker!

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

Underwaterone

message icon
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »

Hello all - I'm new to both this site and the entire "posting phenomena" so bear with me.
I am devoted golden age collector with a particular calling for superhero books all types but mostly the odd ball titles Whirlwind and the like. But my most avid collecting habit and reason for being is underwater covers of the GA. I have catalogued/indexed just over 300 books including partial underwater images. I have managed collect over half of these to date. The likes of Flash 96, Champion comics 3 and Whiz 19 are among list with many more great one.
Outside of the above my first love is for the Hulk and I have the entire run plus a sizable memorabilia collection of hulkables too.
Not to run out of interests I also have a mean collection of BLBs and Lunchboxes.
Well as soon as I figure out how to navigate and upload my pic on this site-- later.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 02:48:02 AM »

Wow what a great handful. I had Incredible Hulk 102 as well as all the first issues of the TTA, ST and TOS that split. I take it you have all the Hydroman appearances. Very happy to have you join us and we would welcome any additions you could make to our site.
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »

I'm narcissistic enough that I'm tempted to put my picture up, but I'm realistic enough to know that I don't take very good pictures, either in front of or behind the camera.  Also, this is the internet!  Are you people CRAZY?  Or do you just have nothing to lose?

:o
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »

Many of us are very easily identifiable from our internet presence. It would much more difficult to "find" us from our pictures.
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »

Paw Broon, I thought you'd enjoy this since you're from Scotland. The Dundee Scots are from Dundee, Illinois, which is right next to Carpentersville, Illinois, where I grew up. This is an old picture ('60s), so please excuse the poor quality.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:35:44 PM by unclerobin@att.net »
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

- The self-portrait to end all self-portraits!
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2012, 03:04:28 AM »

I got this picture from Mr. Silver Age over at Captain Comics. Two of my favorite things! Too bad there's only one Beatle, but LOOKIT ALL THOSE SUPERMAN AND JIMMY OLSEN COMICS! HOW COOL IS THAT? From the movie HELP!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 10:13:07 AM »

I never knew the Beatles, or at least Paul, were comic book fans
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 02:10:49 PM »

Gee, narf, didn't you ever hear Paul's MAGNETO AND TITANIUM MAN? It was on the VENUS AND MARS album. And on the White Album, John Lennon wrote a line about Captain Marvel ("zapped him right between the eyes" - sure sounds like the Marvel Comics version to me) in the song, "The Continuing Adventures of Bungalow Bill". I hope that helps!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 03:19:38 PM »

"Paw Broon, I thought you'd enjoy this since you're from Scotland. The Dundee Scots are from Dundee, Illinois, which is right next to Carpentersville, Illinois, where I grew up. This is an old picture ('60s), so please excuse the poor quality." unclerobin@att.net
Thank you, Unca Robin but where are the pipes?   Probably a good idea not to have them, it can be a terrible racket to some ears.
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »

And, of course, the Beatles were fans of Elvis, apparently another comic fan:
http://captainmarveljr.elvis.com.au/

Gee, narf, didn't you ever hear Paul's MAGNETO AND TITANIUM MAN? It was on the VENUS AND MARS album. And on the White Album, John Lennon wrote a line about Captain Marvel ("zapped him right between the eyes" - sure sounds like the Marvel Comics version to me) in the song, "The Continuing Adventures of Bungalow Bill". I hope that helps!
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »

Wow, paw, you're right! All these years those guys have been around, you'd think I'd have noticed a thing like that! I'm not sure now if they have bagpipes or not, but I'll look into it!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.