in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,066 books
 New: 210 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Pictures of the Gang

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

topic icon Author Topic: Pictures of the Gang  (Read 44492 times)

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
Re: Pictures of the Gang
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 03:59:17 AM »

"Paw Broon, I thought you'd enjoy this since you're from Scotland. The Dundee Scots are from Dundee, Illinois, which is right next to Carpentersville, Illinois, where I grew up. This is an old picture ('60s), so please excuse the poor quality." unclerobin@att.net
Thank you, Unca Robin but where are the pipes?   Probably a good idea not to have them, it can be a terrible racket to some ears.
Well, Paw, It looks like The Dundee Scots are bagpipes-less. Will this do?
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 04:33:01 AM »

I couldn't get my original comics posted on the creator owned comics page, so let's try this instead: This is the cover to CONCEITED COMICS #1
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 04:34:45 AM »

CONCEITED COMICS #1, pg 1
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 04:43:51 AM »

CONCEITED COMICS #1, pg 2
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 04:45:20 AM »

CONCEITED COMICS #2, cover
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »

CONCEITED COMICS #2, pg 1
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 04:48:54 AM »

CONCEITED COMICS #2, pg 2
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 04:50:58 AM »

CONCEITED COMICS #2, pg 3 - Th-th-that's all, folks! For a full, UNCENSORED look at the rest of my stuff, go to my profile page on facebook, the photo section has albums - five albums contain a full comic in four albums, and a color page in the fifth. My facebook page is ROBIN OLSEN in CRYSTAL LAKE, ILLINOIS, U.S.A. - I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that any OTHER Robin Olsens are in Crystal Lake, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. See ya there!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:18:35 AM by unclerobin@att.net »
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 05:23:04 AM »

Aw, heck, how about a BONUS PAGE? This one's in color!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »

Nice one, Unca Robin.  But don't you think that with a quick swally of some spinach he could have inflated the pipes himself?
Apart from that, what's going on in your napper?  We should be told.
ip icon Logged

unclerobin@att.net

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »

Well, Paw, I can't figure out how to put all my pages together into a folder, so I uploaded them one at a time. I was told that the only page recieved was the first one, so my submission had to be deleted. That's the second time this has happened, so I give up, I'm just not computer savvy enough for submitting things to the creator owned comics. By the way, I noticed the comics here are kind of hard to read, I think the copies I have posted at Captain Comics in the photo section probably look better, I didn't have to shrink them down as much thefre as I did here. This site can be PRETTY COMPLICATED for an amateur like me sometimes!
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

Me, a coupla weeks ago...

ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2012, 02:42:36 AM »

Hey Cimm,
There's a slight resemblance to Jason Mewes of 'Jay and Silent Bob' fame in that picture of you.  Nice to put a face to the legendary scanner that is Cimm!
:)
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Photo of Tilliban and JVJ!
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

Fun find!
I was looking through Tilliban's wonderful 50's Horror site (in German) and found THIS great photograph!

That's Tilliban on the right beside the great Jim Vadeboncoeur, Jr. (JVJ), source of so many great scans on the site!

Thanks for sharing this T!
Loved 'The Shadow' impression on the same page.
;)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »

A great, fun find indeed. Thanks.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »

Couldn't find any new(ish) pics of me and comics, so this will have to do. (Delft, Netherlands, recently(ish))
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »

But this old pic is me setting up the aka display at the first Glasgow City Halls con and I can't remember the date.  Actually, it looks like I've skived of and left the minions to carry on.
Modifying this to add that I think the date is 1990.  After a bit of digging I found a ref to the con.  That was the con where there was a major anti poll tax demonstration in George Square right outside the venue and next day, Deadline magazine erected a big cardboard tank in the square to promote Tank Girl.  They hadn't realised that in 1919, English troops in tanks rolled into the square to put down a strike gathering as the authorities were worried about a Russian style revolution.  The polis arrived and Deadline had to dismantle the tank. 
Guests at that con included, Walt Simonson; Sergio Aragones; Trina Robbins; Charles Vess; Mike Kaluta; Steve Leialoha.
I have to thank genuine all-round good guy, Frank Plowright, as I found the info in an article of his in a recent con brochure.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:54:15 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »

Great to put face to name
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »

And further proof that CB+ has the best looking admins of any forum in the known universe!
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2013, 11:01:47 PM »

Well not exactly my pic but of the current state of my office with a major stereo problem and a downed monitor (which may be a simple problem).
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 11:11:35 PM »

...and a shaky hand (too much substance I'm told)....shot midway through the room.....See Mark I've lots to do....

RB
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »

Richard I am impressed. Minimalist .. .well it is compared to here. Bedroom 12 snakes 3 computers .. a fistful of laptops plus pictures and who knows what. Cosy :)
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:41 AM »

Hmmm....Minimalist.....the Missus wouldn't agree.....she's say a load of garbage in here.....Better pic's someday and better detail of whats what.

RB
ip icon Logged

LadyCaisa

message icon
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »

I'm more of a writer than an artist. So here is a picture of me at the opening of a short film "Leather Pleasure" 8)

I'm sure I will spend a lot of time exploring this treasure trove. Thanks for letting me join. :)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »

Welcome to CB+.  Lots to discover and enjoy.  Always good to put a face to a name.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.