in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

That's Oil Folks!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: That's Oil Folks!  (Read 3816 times)

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
That's Oil Folks!
« on: August 09, 2010, 04:25:29 AM »

Just one of my other interests I would like to share. As a kid growing up I was fortunate to have some rare comics passed on to me, from the first appearance of Two-Face (Detective Comics 66) to Daredevil #1. However, I have also grown up reading X-Men, Alpha Flight, Thor and others. I also like all the comics on this site!

Comics has always been a great way for me to escape and also feel empowered about the possibilities and be creative. I myself love to draw.
Now, as I have a family of my own, Cartoons can also provide another way to look at the word. I will share some political and business cartoons with you all. These of course fall under fair use, and are for our commentary on what is actually happening in the world. This is a cartoon in the BP disaster.

Janus

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:35:10 AM by Janus of Latium »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: That's Oil Folks!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »

I love political cartoons and jokes. The problem is politics and religion are the fastest way to cause a site to go from the friendliest to the foulest. While I think the oil spill was a disaster, I also believe drilling is far safer than buying oil from our enemies. Yes alternative fuels would be better but we ain't there yet. Personally I am not offended by hardly anything political. So I found the cartoon excellent at conveying its point. On the other hand make fun of Jesus and I would get very upset. From what I have found even if we have a political or religious thread that people go into willing, it is not profitable and foster hard feelings.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: That's Oil Folks!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »

Your right Narfstar,

It is a challenge, a balance of freedom of expression that could lead into strong views.
As I complete my MBA working towards my DBA I see these cartoons as a way to carry out a point of view and to create debate. Where that debate goes, I understand may not be just an explaintion of the cartoon or counter points of the cartoon. However, could turn out to be emotional, and passionate position(s) by individual(s).

If we have 3 people on the site, out of the 10,000 + we have that would like to delete this forum I will do so. That is 0.027966813 percentage of the site. While not close to 1% still good enough to the ending the thread to avoid any potential issues.

Just post here. We just need 2 more to go. However, these 2 individuals can not be moderators or administrators, as it is important to know what other members think, otherwise we run the risk of dictating what members can view and read. Yes, I would agree members could go elsewhere for these cartoons. However, Perhaps there is an interest for this here? Perhaps there is not. We only know once they write! I think this is a fair way to deal with this.

Thanks for your comments, in looking ahead on the potential challenges of editorial cartoons.

Cheers,

Janus

I love political cartoons and jokes. The problem is politics and religion are the fastest way to cause a site to go from the friendliest to the foulest. While I think the oil spill was a disaster, I also believe drilling is far safer than buying oil from our enemies. Yes alternative fuels would be better but we ain't there yet. Personally I am not offended by hardly anything political. So I found the cartoon excellent at conveying its point. On the other hand make fun of Jesus and I would get very upset. From what I have found even if we have a political or religious thread that people go into willing, it is not profitable and foster hard feelings.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:45:33 AM by Janus of Latium »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.