in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Comics Go Digital

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Comics Go Digital  (Read 4516 times)

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Comics Go Digital
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:34:42 AM »

This is hardly news, to anyone on this site. However, what is interesting is a comment in the article about comics having value. Yes, paper comics do have a value - some allot of value. However, can digital comics have value, other then what they are sold for? A 99 cent digital comic will always be 99 cents? Could a digital comic go up in value like a paper comic. Is the whole art of collecting changed as we  shift to digital comics? Are we now digital comic collectors?

Janus

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Comics-books-go-digital/qxoGfCpmZUm_xdKFG0E4aw.cspx
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
Re: Comics Go Digital
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:18:47 AM »

What amazes me, Janus,
is that someone at NBC News actually considered this a "news story". Talk about short attention spans and lack of depth...

snore...

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:09:41 AM »

Lack of depth? Next you'll be telling the numerous stories of the Jersey Shore cast are shallow and the people themselves are vapid. Tell me it 'aint so!
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:40:37 PM »

That reminds me of the time a local news channel actually did a story on "Free D&D Day" at the RPG/Gameshops. I was stunned.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.