in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Site Status

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Site Status  (Read 11682 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Site Status
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »

Hello gang!

For a while we were offline today. That seems to have sorted itself out.

We hope to have a more complete download site soon; I cannot name any dates, but I know that incredibly generous people are helping behind the scenes and publicly.

Thank you for your ongoing support and patience during this time.

Regards,
Boox909
for the GAC Team

PS: Need to download but can't? Take a look at my signature for the links.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: Site Status
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »

Last night, the format of this site went completely bonkers-- and still is this morning. All of a sudden, loads and loads of un-called for BLANK space, vertically and horizontally.  Impossible to read anything without scrolling right-and-left, etc. What happened?  (It can't just be my browser, can it? No, then every other site I go to would have been affected... I think.)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

I was on till about 7.30 UK time last night and apart from an earlier stumble when there was a problem with an upload, everything looked as normal.  This morning (UK time) -) I was on at 8.40 am  (middle of the night, early morning US time?) and again everything seemed normal.  This last time I was simply reading posts so don't know about the Home site.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »

Apart from everything being s t r e t c h e d out, the posts themselves all seem to be center-justified (when normally, they're left-justified). At least on my screen.

I don't get it...

At least, when I look at the list of posts, the right-column (with who posted last) is NOW once again visible without me having to scroll to the right.  But the post text (including this one) is center-justified.  Just weird.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:11:07 PM »

Hi I did make a change and it was the last big one! I was suspicious it could cause problems but checked as much as I could.

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing and also tell me what browser etc you are using???

Thanks a lot,
Mark

*Edit*
Are you seeing this in the forum and also the main site? Or is it just one of them? And could you check now and refresh as come changes went in earlier?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

You should now be good to go

The reason was a bug I introduced into the code that effected people who didn't have avatars. It's fixed now but I am thinking about making everyone have one anyway. Especially people who are talented artists! Hint!

However, MANY thanks for alerting me to it
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.