in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 155 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't open a downloaded comic

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Can't open a downloaded comic  (Read 3636 times)

Frank D

message icon
Can't open a downloaded comic
« on: March 15, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »

I am unable to open a comic (my first) which I downloaded from http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?ACT=dl&id=15814&symid=15847&sess=637386624bf2943b83f126a0ea399a27 , which is Captain_Marvel_Adventures__Fawcett__005__1941_CMA_000.cbr .

I've tried eComics, ComicRacks and I've even renamed it to a .rar extension and tried to open it with WinRAR, but nothing works. I'm a little suspicious of the file itself, because it shows up as being only 8 KB in size.  ???

Can anyone help?

Frank D

P.S. My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Can't open a downloaded comic
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 04:15:58 PM »

I am unable to open a comic (my first) which I downloaded from http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?ACT=dl&id=15814&symid=15847&sess=637386624bf2943b83f126a0ea399a27 , which is Captain_Marvel_Adventures__Fawcett__005__1941_CMA_000.cbr .

I've tried eComics, ComicRacks and I've even renamed it to a .rar extension and tried to open it with WinRAR, but nothing works. I'm a little suspicious of the file itself, because it shows up as being only 8 KB in size.  ???

Can anyone help?

Frank D

P.S. My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Download the file again and see if the entire file downloads. Have you tried CDisplay? I sometimes use FilZip or TugZip to unpack jpegs into a windows folder that is readable via CDisplay.

I will credit your downloads and such. Others will chime in also.

B.
ip icon Logged

Frank D

message icon
Re: Can't open a downloaded comic <-- Solved!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »

This is my second try at a reply. The first one didn't appear.

I re-downloaded the comic, then as you advised loaded CDisplay. The combination worked!

Thank you!

Frank D

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Can't open a downloaded comic <-- Solved!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »

This is my second try at a reply. The first one didn't appear.

I re-downloaded the comic, then as you advised loaded CDisplay. The combination worked!

Thank you!

Frank D

I know this is late, but I'm glad the issue worked for you.

B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.