in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

New JVJ Publishing Website

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: New JVJ Publishing Website  (Read 12124 times)

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
New JVJ Publishing Website
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »

Just a head's up that I've recently completed a massive update of my website:
http://www.bpib.com
Those who may be curious as to what else I get up to with my life might find it interesting.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
Re: New JVJ Publishing Website
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »

I look forward to working my way through all the illustrator profiles Jim.  It'll take awhile with my slow as molasses dial up service but the few I've checked out so far look great.   I'm sure I'll be learning a good bit too while I'm enjoying the illustrations themselves.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

bminor

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »

JVJ,

Your site update looks great.

I particularily enjoy the bios of illustrators/artists.

Did you put the site together yourself or have someone else do the web work for you?

I am in the process myself of revising my site.

Yours,

Brian
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:05:01 AM »

Thanks, Brian,
My Parisian friend Francisco San Millan http://sanmillan.free.fr/ did the design work, essentially updating three decade-old sites into one combined, modern site with PayPal abilities. After he designed it, I used his pages as templates to modernize the 100+ biographies I'd written from 1997-2001 and make them new again. Together we eventually go everything to work together and function as a modern unit. I learned a hell of a lot implementing all the updates - but there's no way in hell that I could have paid anyone to do all of the grunt work. Thanks to Francisco for his designs and templates and to Karen (and friends Jeri Dansky and Nancy Kocot) for the proofing and attention to detail that made it all function.

Most interesting aspect of my site is the position it surfaces in Google when you search on the word Illustrators.

Good luck with your own updates.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »

Thanks for the bios on your site.

Your summary of Jack Kirby's importance and career is as good as I seen, specially as I agree with all of what you said about his time with Atlas/Marvel.

http://www.bpib.com/illustra2/kirby.htm 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.