in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,778 books
 New: 212 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Golden Lad and Golden Girl the New Site Mascots?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Golden Lad and Golden Girl the New Site Mascots?  (Read 2933 times)

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Golden Lad and Golden Girl the New Site Mascots?
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »

Must admit, as I was looking through some characters at PD superhero wiki.....these two stood out.

Your thoughts?

Janus
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Golden Lad and Golden Girl the New Site Mascots?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:17:45 AM »

Well since we are going to emphasize our differences I think we will need to go to a SA character. If someone could triple check we could use Fatman, Super Green Beret, MF's Captain Marvel, Magic Agent, Undersea Agent, Gorgo, Gunmaster, Hunk, Konga, Timmy The Timmid Ghost. I do not think DCM has these characters.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:54:21 AM »

Hmmm...yes but we are GAC-UK! did these characters ever go into the SA?
No plans to change GAC-UK - I am interested in the character DB and its focus on Goldenage.

Perhaps a goldenage character DB and a silverage / fanzine download focus. While I think its good that DCM focuses on goldenagecomics, I think GAC-UK should not lose its roots.

Just thoughts, but I would really like to see a goldenage character DB here, and since PD super heroes has already done an amazing job why recreate the wheel? We just need the permission and off we go.

Janus
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:04:34 AM by Janus of Latium »
ip icon Logged

capnted

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:03 AM »

In regard to the mascot idea- as much as i like Golden Lad (aka (I sometimes call him) Golden Boy (by mistake) :) ) I don't think he would be up to the task. However, I do like the idea of having a poll to select a 'mascot of the year' - it might just be a fun thing to do. OR BETTER: have submissions for a poll-voted contest with deadline for quarterly mascot banner or sumpin'!

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.