in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,780 books
 New: 212 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Carl Giles archive

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Carl Giles archive  (Read 4679 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Carl Giles archive
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »

Can't think why I haven't posted this stuff previously, still, never to late to share.  From the University of Kent, an archive of many excellent cartoonists.  Giles was about the best and most popular. Millions grew up with his take on the important, and not so important, matters of the day.
http://www.cartoons.ac.uk/collections/CG
Bio here:-
http://www.cartoons.ac.uk/artists/carlgiles/biography
Worth a look at some of the other material on the site.  If you aren't already familiar with his work, or even if you know it well, I hope you enjoy it.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Carl Giles archive
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »

Some funny stuff there Paw. 

I checked out some of his WWII cartoons and some of his Christmas cards and got a number of chuckles from both. 

Thanks for the links!

Joe
ip icon Logged

Xergrim

message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:49:48 AM »

Wow. I very much look forward to reading these things.

It's amazing how much of the past we've been able to recollect and put online, it really is.
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »

And Andy Capp is on there, or at least, the early Andy Capp is.   I loved Andy Capp as a kid, and collected the paperback collections while growing up.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.