in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Misdirection

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Misdirection  (Read 1965 times)

booyawboy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: booyawboy
message icon
Misdirection
« on: February 07, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »

"FREE copyright free golden age comics. All files here available for download have carefully been research by our users and staff to make sure they are in the public domain"

Take that off the front page of your site.  It isn't accurate.  I can sympathize with the plight of those websites trying to support outstanding content such as yours on a budget.  However there are other ways and although a lot of advertising is not ideal, it does keep you alive.

If you have a limit on how many downloads someone can do then may I suggest that you have such information listed at the beginning.

For example:

"For those of you who would like to view and enjoy these comic treasures online, please feel free to do so and enjoy as many and as often as you like.  For our other patrons who would like to download these terrific tales en-mass to enjoy at their leisure on other devices, please assist us with a charitable donation in the sum of (????) or more.  We appreciate your assistance."

Is that so difficult?

Great site, but not pleased.
ip icon Logged

alfje

• VIP
message icon
Re: Misdirection
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »

booyawboy,

It isn't accurate

Enlighten me please.
I don't see the misdirection. What isn't accurate?

- You don't have to pay for becoming a member on this site nor for downloading the files.
- All files have been checked if they are free of copyrights.
 Especially in light of what has happened the last few weeks (and still is happening) in "download land" it is important to be sure of that.
 Search the Internet to learn more about SOPA and (when you live in Europe) ACTA and you'll understand what I mean.
If you have a limit on how many downloads someone can do then may I suggest that you have such information listed at the beginning.

There is no limit, the only thing we ask is to download one file at the time.
So when you've downloaded a file you can start the next.

I've noticed your account hasn't been pushed through, so you're not able to download yet.
If that's what you've been trying to say: just ask and you'll be set for downloading. :)

It's also possible I did completely miss what you were trying to say.
If so: sorry, but could you explain what you meant in your previous post once more, please?

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Misdirection
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:29:29 AM »

No misdirection. We have no automatic system. You must have a moderator to set up your downloads. We have one of the fastest groups to get you going anywhere. No pay needed on your part just ask. We will be happy when the situation is soon fixed and automatic.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.