in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

We Have Grown Up And Are Moving On

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: We Have Grown Up And Are Moving On  (Read 34980 times)

gls84

message icon
Re: We Have Grown Up And Are Moving On
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »

Nice work everyone! I love the new format.

gary
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:24 AM »

glad you like it Gary we are very proud of Mark's work
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 07:29:42 AM »

chinaski what you are looking for is https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=21131

If you compare the image to the cover you'll see there are bits that I have redone

Also thank you, as I put up a resized version in a hurry and kept meaning to dig out a better version which I have now done :)
ip icon Logged

neil meikle

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

Could you tell me what comics the panels on the home page are from please
                                                                                        neilm
                                                                                   neil meikle
ip icon Logged

capnted

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 03:46:22 AM »

Belated welcome back. I was wondering awhile back what was going on. Of course i'm totally late to the homecoming party by months, but wanted to say that the site looks great and i'm glad yer back. I should now be too!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »

Hello capnted.  It does look rather good, doesn't it?  So get stuck in and join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

bluskies

message icon
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »

Mark,

As mentioned previously, I am really glad we get to do a comic each second minute...but in the last few days I have noticed that many downloads cut off before they are finished.  I have to redo the download three or four times before it is correct.  I haven't had this problem before, and wonder if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for provinding such a great resource!

Bluskies
ip icon Logged

capnted

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »

FYI:
I to have attempted to download maybe like 5-6 books and have had broken archives in the result (not all and I have yet to check them---be back later! I suspect some will be fine, some will be broken).

In particular I have tried 2x: Big_Shot_Comics_012__Inc.cbr - both broken at some point in the archive.

This might be a good file to test to see if truly corrupt or if it is a server/coding condition. I suspect is it server.

As a side note or experiment, I sometimes append the uploader in the file name pre-download, renaming the file, for ex. I tried the aforementioned archive w/ "Big_Shot_Comics_012__Inc_dsdaboss.cbr" as well as downloading with the given base filename and both were broken after download.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

I tried here and it came down fine. There was a server change made that COULD have caused this. I doubt it though. I have backed this out now anyway. I tested before and after the changes and both times got a good archive.

Hopefully, you just encountered a blip that has disappeared into the ether.

ip icon Logged

bluskies

message icon
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

Hi, Mark,

Last night, I tested the Big Shot issue mentioned and I didn't have a problem with it, and I also tried some of the issues I did have problems with earlier and they downloaded okay.  One or two things last night didn't complete correctly, but for the rest were good. This was about midnight here in Los Angeles, so maybe it is a case of the server being free then when no one else is using it, as opposed to daytime where a lot of people may be using it at the same time, thus overworking it.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »

Well as I said maybe a change that was put in a couple of days ago could have created a download problem.

The site was certainly running slower and suffered from more than the average number of blips. But that has been backed out, so we shouldn't be having any problems. That is day or night. The servers are not blowing out steam during busy periods so there should be no bad files due to that.
ip icon Logged

capnted

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 05:47:49 AM »

Hopefully, you just encountered a blip that has disappeared into the ether.

For the heck of it I downloaded that Big Shot issue. No problemo. Referring to my statement above the server, I mean to imply that it must of been some Strange temporary bad connection or something where my downloading ran amok. So speaking of 'moving on' if one encounters any issues they are not Strange Stories From Another World or a Strange Mystery from a Strange Planet or from the Strange World of Your Dreams.

Just wait it out and try again later - to avoid any Strange Terrors. Sorry if I incurred any alarm with my Strange Suspense Stories and Strange Fantasy by taking you on my Strange Journey. All is well.........
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »

Yes, telling those Terrifying Tales might make people Beware of reading our Terrific Comics
ip icon Logged

bhattsp

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bhattsp
message icon
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »

Hi Mark,

The New Look is Great and Comics are well tabled and organised

Rgrds
ip icon Logged

astroboy700

message icon
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2023, 04:52:53 AM »

Thank you so much for his amazing site!!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.