in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Paw's profferings

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

topic icon Author Topic: Paw's profferings  (Read 163143 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Paw's profferings
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »

WOW thanks
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

This wont float your boat if you can't read French.  But, in an attempt to lure in more readers, I've uploaded 4 issues of a French Canadian "pulp" of Agent IXE 13.  There are lots more but if we don't have space for them I can put the link in the links section.
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »

This wont float your boat if you can't read French.  But, in an attempt to lure in more readers, I've uploaded 4 issues of a French Canadian "pulp" of Agent IXE 13.  There are lots more but if we don't have space for them I can put the link in the links section.

I took French in high school, but I'm sure I don't remember most of it!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »

Sure we have space (somewhere) ::)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2012, 01:05:48 AM »

Big thanks for all the new uploads Paw
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »

Yeah, Paw's doing an exceptional job building up the non-english section!

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »

Between Paw and Josemas we have been getting some really interesting items. I have become familiar with most of the US offerings so I am really glad to be getting this "other" stuff.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »

Since I skived off and went on holiday, I thought I should take a run at some uploads to make up for lost time.  So, I found some extracts from British comics and annuals.  Harris Tweed was in Eagle, as was Albert Hall, the office boy.  Lovely, eccentric strips.  P.C. 49 is a great favourite of mine and we have 2 of the 3 feature films that were made but the radio shows are impossible to find.  Here are 3 P.C. 49 stories even though they're not by the best artist.  Another Silent Three story - sorry the page size is small but I couldn't increase them without blurring the text a bit. And, A Terry Brent story, featuring his young female sidekick.  You'd never guess these strips are from School Friend - so typical.  Plus Bill Cody, a Spanish landscape series and a couple of issues of Los Vikingos, another Spanish comic, a couple of days ago.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

I thought Los Vikingos was pretty cool
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »

At long last we have some examples of Blonde Panther but in her Spanish, censored version.  The Spanish government took exception to her skimpy costume, so required a skirt to be added.  The Italian comics didn't bother with that nonsense.  Also, the comic strips from a School Friend annual from 1957 and 2 issues of a Mexican title, Aventuras de la Vida Real, from late '50's. There is also a new addition in the Hindi section.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »

I think the censors were still not happy with the Blonde Panther.

If you notice the first two we see nice shapely legs and also a glimpse of the top of her stockings .. subsequent ones you are lucky to catch the very bottom of her knee. A bitter disappointment .. at this point I think I'll get my coat ...
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »

You're right. Mark.  And here's how she should look:- http://www.lambiek.net/artists/i/ingam.htm
and here on an Italian site:- http://nuvoleparlanti.blogosfere.it/2009/02/pantera-bionda.html

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »

Oh yeah Paw that is how she should look  ;D
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »

Well .. I am not so sure.

I think I prefer her in the first two we have. Collecting my coat time again ....
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04:03 PM »

From one extreme to the other.  Check out Princesita Carolina in the Spanish section for innocent fairytale sort of stuff.
I think the issue of Hardi uploaded today to the French section should be o.k.  I thought it was a good read.
Now, if only I can find more Blonde Panther, Italian style. But, given the effect it seems to have had on Mark, perhaps I shouldn't bother.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2012, 06:35:05 PM »

I think narfstar might be the biggest worry over the Italian one. Plus I have enough difficulty with Firehair and Taanda. :)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »

I've found 6 issues of Nelson Lee from 1920 which lead up to the Christmas issue.  One of the issues is a classic haunted house mystery and it was a tradition in the '20's and '30's in many of these storypapers to have a Christmas mystery, often with a ghost and/or haunted house. Keep for nearer Noel, perhaps? These are in the Dime Novels section.
Plus #1 of El As de la Trapecia in the Spanish section.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »

Recently, #1 of El Caballero Fantasma, 1947, an early historical masked man series.  I think I'm on the track of more.  Well, I think it's exciting.  Also, in Dime Novels, Storypapers, a few British storypapers with stories by Charles Hamilton, under a couple of pen names - Frank Richards and Hilda Richards.  Plus 5 issues of El Libertador, another Spanish historical adventure series.
Amending this to add, 8 new issues of L'Agent 1XE-13.  Nice covers on some of these issues.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:33:58 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »

With the hauls you keep bringing home I see a new reality TV series and a new name "Picker Paw".

I just can't believe the weird and wonderful stuff you and the other admin guys are digging up. Quite amazing!! BTW, you seen Narf's recent monster stuff?

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »

A second Catalan comic, this time part of a history series with an illustrated story of the first railway and an episode of a text strip recounting Catalonian history.  The logo on the cover reads"with the compliments of history". Nice.
Amending this to add that Marvel Magazine #1 is now available in the Portuguese section.  This is a Brazilian Fawcett reprint form 1953.
And now, first 3 issues of the Spanish superhero comic, "El Murcielago"  (The Bat).  From 1943.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:36:46 AM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »

I hope you all will have a look at this:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=29230
Not much else to say apart from my description, "This is a simply excellent piece of work by Emilio Freixas "
Enjoy it.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »

We now have a Portuguese language version, from Brazil, of Captain Video.  In Brazil it is titled Capitao Z and this comic is in landscape format.  Stranger still is the copy of, "O Cavaleiro Fantasma"  which is a Brazilian reprint of the Australian comic," The Phantom Ranger", a long running and popular title in Australia.
Both are in the Portuguese section.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2012, 02:01:17 AM »

I have wanted to learn Spanish and these books make me want to learn even more
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »

A small pile of Nelson Lee Library with some lovely atmospheric cover illos.  And a Christmas Magnet, featuring Billy Bunter.  I love the Bunter stories and laugh out loud when reading but you might be scratching your heads outside the UK.
Spanish? Go on, narfstar, you know it makes sense.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »

The final 3 parts of the 6 part Spanish comic, El Murcielago.  Early Spanish superhero comics and well worth a look.
Amending this to add, another pile of L'Agent IXE-13, courtesy of http://ixe-13.blogspot.co.uk/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:03:55 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.