in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Jump to page

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Jump to page  (Read 2526 times)

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
Jump to page
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »

Well, after reading several comics online (and I've been rating the ones I read, with occasional comments), I have a suggestion to make. 

Would it be possible to add some way to jump or skip to a specific page in a comic?  Sometimes I'm interrupted while reading a comic or have to leave in the middle of a comic, and clicking through the pages to pick up where I left off can be a bit time-consuming.  This would especially be useful for the bigger comics, like the 68-pagers, or I've noticed that some of the pulp listings have even more pages, like the recently uploaded "The American", which clocks in at 114 pages.

In a related matter, if you rate or comment on a comic, the return link takes you back to the first page, regardless of what page you were on when you clicked on the rate or comment buttons.

This is not a serious problem, but it would be a nice feature to have.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Jump to page
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. This falls totally on Mark our only tech guy
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »

Both excellent suggestions and I will implement them both.
Apart from urgent issues I tend to prioritize based on three criteria 1) the time it will take me 2) The fun to do it and 3) Is summat  I'd use :) ... These tick all three boxes

Thanks
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »

Mark, the drop-down to go to a specific page seems to be working just fine.  Thanks!  I didn't expect it to be implemented this quickly.  Now I can jump into those 68-pagers without trepidation!

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »

Yep it seems ok. I was actually only 1/2 way through when another issue meant I launched the dropdown. I have nearly finished the site keeping your place if you comment or leave.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.