in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

download.bin

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: download.bin  (Read 7067 times)

parker

message icon
download.bin
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »

Hi
I joined with great hope of downloading a comic book to read in the reader I addd to my tablet, however the download is called downloadfile.bin. the reader reads. Cbz. I changed the ext to cbz as this has been the case for some apks. I chose the andy. Comic. There appear lotsof readers and no comcs to read in them. I admit frustration and need help or advice on adding comics to my tablet.
Thanks
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: download.bin
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »

Some of the others will be able to help more but I found this question and answer:-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=791631
Sorry, as I wrote elsewhere, I know very little about tablets.
ip icon Logged

parker

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

Thanks for the reply
perhaps it is the browser, I will try another or the desktop befor I give up
Cheers
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »

The answer is the file has not finished downloading. That is a temporary file name that system is using. When the transfer is complete it will rename it to the real file name.

So patience or look at whether you are dropping connection.

Don't give up, this is an easy peasy thing to solve.

BTW Tablets/Desktops/Laptops and newer SmartPhones they all work pretty much the same under the hood. The major difference is you can't put your desktop in your pocket :)
ip icon Logged

parker

message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 07:51:03 PM »

thanks
I used another browser and the download says complete but is still downloadfile.bin however on my laptop I downloaded a cbr file which will not open in the current reader on the book reader but I have another uninstalled reader that reads cbr and cbz amoung others I think. the issue appears to be downloading to the tablet/bookreader. it is a bpdn 7 and not likely the best device for comic books anyway but is great for public domain books and news papers and various other applications. am not at home so will try again to download the cbr and transfer to my reader as I do not have the cables at the moment.
cheers
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »

If it says download.bin then it hasn't loaded

If it is a .cbz or .cbr and you can't open it then either the download got corrupted (doubtful) or more likely the viewer cannot read .cbz or cbr.

Keep plugging on, you'll get there!

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »

Ah ... a thought. Another browser may well save files in another location on your machine. So you could well be looking at the original failed download
ip icon Logged

parker

message icon
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 04:05:46 AM »

Hi
yes I understand the thought(s) however I think the tablet is the issue..all the available browsers ie default android skyfire etc, either to internal or external memory have the same issue. when I click download file the dialog pops up for save as and the file to save is downloadfile.bin. if I click save either to internal or external the file does not save. I have had this issue occasionally with other downloads and is solved by clicking back and then clicking download but in this case I can only try once then wait for more of the same. it is not a problem to download to my desktop and transfer if I want a comic. the reader only read cbz so even if I had downloaded it would not have opened until I installed the other multi reader when I got home. anyway I have a reader installed for what ever downloads to my desktop when my time out is over
cheers

adding..downloaded a few samples and will transfer and test out as soon as I can...wow lots of material here, glad I happened across the site..looking forward to exploring some more..thanks
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:57:55 AM by parker »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »

Explore away and hope the download issue is resolved
ip icon Logged

parker

message icon
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 08:40:26 PM »

Thanks
Yes, and no. I am a happy camper, simply download on my desktop or laptop and copy to the tablet/bookreaders sd card. For those with a black pandigital novel 7" I installed droid comic viewer (acv) v1.3.11.1 .it reads both cbr and cbz. Acomic viewer only reads cbz but is less resours hungry. The tablets soft buttons at the bottom of the screen can obstruct low drawn baloons but has not been an issue. One can zoom and pan if nessessary. in the event that is usefull I guess...cheers
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.