in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Site Upgrades September

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Site Upgrades September  (Read 2811 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Site Upgrades September
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »

Hi,

A week back I sneaked in a new version of the site and so far so good. So it's announcement time.

The big change is to do with the viewer and the widget (the small listing on the right hand side under the logo). If you drop down to view a category that remains your default. Hardly a big deal, but if you look at the second one you will see "My Reads". This is keeping a history of the last 15 comics that you have looked at. Not only that it also keeps your place!!!

How cool is that? You can surf around the site "pick up a comic" read a bit then move on and providing you haven't read more than 15 it is always there for you to continue reading or download.

Plus if you look at the top tool bar (it is on the main site but not the forum) you will see your name is now a link. In there is a more detailed list of your recent comics. It is also the beginning of giving everyone their own personal bit of the site. Cost: FREE!!

I am using cookies to keep track and anyone who is worried there are NO security implications (as only the users of your machine can see these). Anyway I think it's a nice touch.

Plus, I have slashed the waiting time for downloads to just 2 minutes between each one. PLEASE only download one comic at a time. As if that gets abused then I will reluctantly raise it to 5 minutes again.

Anyway there are a stack load more goodies in the pipeline that hopefully will blow you away.

Regards,

Mark
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Site Upgrades September
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »

Wow!
These are some sweet new features Mark.
Great work.  Bravo!
:)
ip icon Logged

bluskies

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »

Thanks, Mark.  The 5-minute time did seem too long. The 2-minute is so much better!

Thanks again!
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »

Hi,

A week back I sneaked in a new version of the site and so far so good. So it's announcement time.

The big change is to do with the viewer and the widget (the small listing on the right hand side under the logo). If you drop down to view a category that remains your default. Hardly a big deal, but if you look at the second one you will see "My Reads". This is keeping a history of the last 15 comics that you have looked at. Not only that it also keeps your place!!!

How cool is that? You can surf around the site "pick up a comic" read a bit then move on and providing you haven't read more than 15 it is always there for you to continue reading or download.

I was reading a Chris Welkin comic strip (314 pages!), and I was surprised to find that when I came back to it the next day, it picked up where I left off.  Good job!  Thanks, Mark.

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »

Cool! I am really glad you appreciate it.

My old grey brain cells were severely tested doing it. A bug or two may emerge,  but I think it's a nice little tweak and worth the pain. :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.