in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Eagle and Dan Dare.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Eagle and Dan Dare.  (Read 9028 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Eagle and Dan Dare.
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:22:38 PM »

Please do not upload any issues of Eagle - individual comics or annuals.  Also nothing containing Dan Dare.
ip icon Logged

subkoff

• VIP
message icon
Re: Eagle and Dan Dare.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »

Hi,

I noticed there are a chunk of issues of Lion in the UK/Australian section, I was under the impression this era of IPC comics was now owned by Warner Brothers?
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

We only carry the early (1952-1959) issues of Lion that were published by Amalgamated Press and not the later IPC issues.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

subkoff

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:26:52 AM »

Are the thriller detective libraries by amalgamated also public domain? did the copyrights on these not pass onto IPC and then Warner Bros? I'm curious because I have several I can scan if they are PD.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »

Hi ...

We are a little unsure about these ... as some may contain non PD material as reprints. Maybe if you scanned a couple we could have a look ... but I am not sure the time that would take and it would be a bit wasted if we didn't carry them.

Regards,

Mark
ip icon Logged

ebor1951

message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:39 AM »

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE YOUR tHRILLER DETECTIVE LIBRARIES ON THIS SITE> ALWAYS ENJOYED THESE AND THE COWBOY EDITIONS WHEN I WAS A KID.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »

So many of the main picture libraries contained reprints of newspaper strips. e.g. Rip Kirby, Jet Scott, Buck Ryan, Vic Terry, etc. So a good idea to steer clear.  If you fancy paper copies for your collection, many of them appear all the time on ebay u.k.  and 30th. Century Comics have lots for sale.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »

And by this time, we're pretty sure Dan Dare knows that Elton John loved the Mekon.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »

But would Professor Peabody approve? 
ip icon Logged

wreade1872

message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 10:57:11 PM »

The first 10 issues of The Eagle appear to be out of copyright, at least according to the internet archive which posted them https://archive.org/details/DaneDaresEagleMagazineFirst10IssuesPublishedIn1950 .
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »

That might be correct, although I doubt it.  We are staying well away from  that publication.  Too many blogs have had serious problems with even mentioning Dare and Eagle.  I'm taking a chance posting this!
ip icon Logged

John Kerry

message icon
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 09:54:13 PM »

Problem with copyright is how the stuff is considered. If it is considered work for hire then the law is different than if it is considered as being the artistic property of a specific person(s).
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »

True but I'm sticking to what I wrote on the previous post :)
There are a number of places on the internet where fans can download the material and also some of it is available on dvd from dodgy guys at marts, but I certainly do not advocate doing that.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.