in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,068 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

2 Political comics from the 60s

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: 2 Political comics from the 60s  (Read 3860 times)

KidChaos2

message icon
2 Political comics from the 60s
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »

When I first started my comics collecting, my father gave me two political comics from the 60s to sell to build my collection.  Mind you, the dealer I sold them to, only gave me 10.00 for the pair, back in the early 80s.

I've wanted to repurchase these books, or, at least, get digital copies of them, as they are sentimental in my collecting life.

Problem is, I don't remember what they were called.

I had two, and they both had a "card stock" type cover that had a texture to it that reminded me of fabric.  The books were, I think, election propaganda, and had several presidents and candidates in them, amongst other political figures of the time.

They were not "Underground", and did not contain any "counter-culture" references.

I've scoured the internet looking for these things, and I haven't been able to even come up with a single clue, other than what I've already told you.

If you have ANY idea of what I am talking about, PLEASE let me know!  And, if you have any digital copies, PLEASE share them with me!!!!!

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: 2 Political comics from the 60s
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »

You want The Great Society, and Bobman and Teddy. Great Society is not hard to come by on ebay but it took me awhile to get Bobman and Teddy
ip icon Logged

KidChaos2

message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 11:12:20 PM »

I think that those might be it!  The pics I've seen show the covers to be made of that material that I mentioned, but, the cover illustrations and titles don't really  ring a bell.  I have to get one in hand to see for sure.  Or, at least, a scan...  Are those legal to upload?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:51 AM »

Unfortunately they were copyright and are not PD. I have both and they do have the type of covers that you mention so I am pretty sure it is them.
ip icon Logged

KidChaos2

message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »

Thanks for the help!  I'll start looking on ebay!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.