in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,021 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Out Our Way 1936 dailies not being displayed

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Out Our Way 1936 dailies not being displayed  (Read 2245 times)

PatConolly

message icon
Out Our Way 1936 dailies not being displayed
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »

Only one strip is visible for both the Jan-June file, and for the July-Dec file. And since they are each 50 mb, which is also the size of the 1929 dailies file which holds 315 strips, it seems like there should be a lot more.

I noticed this when reading online - I then registered and downloaded the Out_Our_Way_1936_dailies_Jan_Jun.cbz file, but still only the first strip is visible.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Out Our Way 1936 dailies not being displayed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »

Jon used PNG files for each page instead of jpgs.  It seems Mark's preview feature doesn't like them.
CDisplay can read them though for reading the cbz.  I'd expect most apps should be able to handle the png files.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »

Both the files have the images stored as .tiff ... which CB+, DCM and cdisplay cannot deal with. I did contact Jon at the time ... but clean forgot to try again. Could you do it please Yoc?

PS: Some of  the others he did as .png and they are fine.
ip icon Logged

PatConolly

message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:57:02 AM »

Well, I do have a workaround.
I made a copy of the file, changed the extension to .zip.
Then I could extract the separate images with Windows Explorer, and view them with Windows Photo Viewer.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »

I've asked Prime user to fix the 1936 files.  Jon has been using PNG files for a while so these must be older uploads of his.

If someone here can grab the 'fixed' versions from DCM when the see them for uploading I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

PatConolly

message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »

They're good now - thank you.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.