in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,021 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

very slow downloads?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: very slow downloads?  (Read 2839 times)

Jubil lee

message icon
very slow downloads?
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »

I love the site,having a great time getting some old pre-code horror.
when I first signed up here my downloads took under a minute.I only download 1 comic at a time and always try to wait a little befor going on to next one,and I try not to be to greedy and only download around 3 or 4 books a night.but lately my downloads have been getting slower and slower up to 5 min + and some times 9 mins.is my download limit getting close? am I getting to greedy?,to much to soon?
sometimes ill wait till the next day and try again but still slow.starts out 2 mins 1st time and increases with each download. if im doing anything wrong let me know. :o
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: very slow downloads?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »

Well one thing I can tell you it is nothing to do with the amount of downloads. So rest easy on that score!

I am not sure what is going on. But my guess is (and it is a guess) that there is some sort of throttling going on somewhere at your end. Maybe actually on your machine or with your router or provider. I'd suggest trying some other sites (not permanantly!! :)) and seeing of the problem continues.
Also reboot your router if you have access to it.
Also a shot in the dark try another browser (I am pretty sure it will make no difference but worth a try)

Regards.

Mark
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »

I just downloaded over 35 meg in well under a minute
ip icon Logged

Jubil lee

message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »

Hay,Thanks for getting back to me so quick.
I did go to DCM and tried downloading some books and the same thing,so it is on my end.
I think your right,there may be some throttling going on by service provider,
not sure what i can do about it but i will try rebooting my router.and mybe try another browser.
Thanx again for the advice i will give it all a try and hopefully get things moving on this end. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.