in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 155 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

topic icon Author Topic: Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39  (Read 46883 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 02:32:22 AM »

! Hello....Love the Rovers. Please continue on Sir I would ask of you. I am very happy to add them to my digital collection with pride and much joy. Again sir, thank you for your time and effort.

Mr Goldenage
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »

I've added a few more School Friend and Schoolgirl to the pulp fiction section.  Tomorrow I hope to have more time for editing.

Bob
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »

Thanks again, Bob. 

You've got the Pulp Fiction section growing in leaps and bounds!

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

The rest of my batch of School Friend for the pulp fiction section are now uploaded.
During my editing of these I decided that the length of time I was taking plus the wear on my ancient eyes was too great and on #166 I started doing less.  I prefer pages upright and it is fairly quick to do this but where I was cleaning up the pages I shall now only 'cut around selection' if it clears virtually all excess mess or do a straight crop including all the mess.  If I see any text that looks too pale I'll darken it but that is all.  If anyone wishes to edit any of my uploads and re-post as Improved they are welcome to do so.

My next batch of School Friend will be the comic version and if they just about fit the scanner I may only straighten them.

Before editing some more issues of The Schoolgirl from 1938 I'm going to take a break and do a few issues of Girls' Crystal.  They are only 12 pages and I will get through a lot more of them.

Note to administrators:- The Girls' Crystal annual for 1959 has a copyright sign on page 6.

Bob
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »

Thanks Bob, all on site now.
I've been delving in my boxes and turning up some old obscurities but some of the European ones are too big for the scanner.  I assume the Girls' Crystal issues are the text issues.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »

The Girls' Crystal more or less carry on from what is in the Pulp section.

If you use Microsoft on your computer there is a FREE program to solve the overlarge pages.

Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »

The Wizards which are now being entered into the pulp fiction section are some I found that I'd edited earlier.  I had the year 1935 in two bound volumes and they were badly trimmed and stained.  I've combined the coloured pages with scans from photocopies.  I haven't checked many of the cbz s so I hope Comic Converter worked properly.  Some day I'll edit the last four months of the year.

ob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »

Wow and still they come :) Many thanks, I have dealt with the copyrighted Annual
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »

Great stuff!  Keep 'em coming.

Nice catch on the annual.

Thanks

Joe

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2013, 10:27:59 AM »

See those Girls' Crystal?  See great?  Noel Raymond detective stories AND The Grey Ghosts.  Terrific.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »

More copies of The Schoolgirl and The Wizard now up.  I've more to edit in this area when time permits.  Some of the Wizards will be B&W as I never got hold of the originals.

Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

I've now finished uploading 1934 Wizards.  I meant to note on #625 that the quality was not as good as I would like.

Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »

A few more Rovers and some Skippers.  Many of the latter are from photocopies.
Bob
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2013, 07:33:55 PM »

All available now.  Thanks, Bob.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »

I've added a few more copies of Boys' Magazine to the Pulp fiction section.  These include two more episodes of the Edwy Searles Brooks SF serial although the final part is only one and a half pages long.  The air new war serial starting in #291 looks good judging by the artwork.
Bob
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »

All approved and should be up on the site soon for all to enjoy.

Thanks Bob

Joe
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »

What a discovery - SCOOPS, considered the first British S.F. paper.  Thanks to Bob, we have the majority of the 20 issues from 1934.  Poor quality but the illustrations are excellent and issue 13 sees the start of a serialisation of "The Poison Belt" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 07:35:10 PM »

I am curious as to the story involved in THE STRIDING TERROR. Have you read it Paw? If so can you summarize?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2013, 04:07:59 PM »

Not read it yet - too much stuff, so little time.  I'll go and have a look now.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »

Definately owes more than a bit to King Kong - and he's misunderstood.  no Empire State Building, so he climbs Big Ben.  That's as far as I've got.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

I've uploaded a varied lot today.  One coverless US Adventure magazine, a few UK Adventures and Rovers and a Wizard.  I'm still waiting for a slot to put an issue of The Captain in.
I think I left several ending with .cbz.
Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »

Another mixed bag of uploads today.
Single items are Boys' Magazine, Skipper, Sexton Blake and an issue of The Captain, a boys' magazine.  The P.G.Wodehouse serial in the latter was later retitled in book form as 'Mike', part of, 1909 and then 'Enter Psmith' 1935 and 'Mike and Psmith' 1953.
There is a run of Wizards and a few Rovers, two of which went in the Wizard section before I noticed.
Bob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2013, 07:35:56 PM »

If I remember right the "P" was silent, and he put it on his name to make it a bit more exotic than Smith ... my favorite Wodehouse character is Lord Emsworth, but I digress
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »

I liked Lord Emsworth also and the first Psmith book I read was 'Leave it to Psmith' which was a Blandings novel.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »

Yes indeed, a silent P.
And my favourite stories are Blandings.  I always feel so sorry for Lord Emsworth especially when Lady Constance has plans for him.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.