in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Amalgamated Press titles late 40's early 50's

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Amalgamated Press titles late 40's early 50's  (Read 2129 times)

subkoff

• VIP
message icon
Amalgamated Press titles late 40's early 50's
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »

I mentioned on the Comic UK forums I had picked up 300+ Amalgamated Press titles, Chick's Own, Playbox, Jingles, Wonder and Rainbow from late 40's, early 50's. Anyone know if these are PD?

I'm posting the covers daily on my blog, http://pikitiapress.blogspot.com.au/search/label/amalgamated%20press

I can scan the whole comics if they are PD.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Amalgamated Press titles late 40's early 50's
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »

You will have realised by now that CB+ hosts many orphaned titles and I'm sure the titles you mention would be a good addition to our library. So, if you can find time in what seems a very busy life, warm up the scanner.  But have a ponder and see how you feel about it. Bearing in mind the reaction you might provoke from some on comicsuk as I'm sure you have read some of the conversations on this subject.
As a general point, the titles you list were designed for younger readers and contain some lovely strips and art and I, for one, would love to see them.
ip icon Logged

subkoff

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »

paw,

thanks for the response, I'll have a read up on comics uk, I do recall seeing some talk about copyright and CB+ over there recently. I might consult Lew Stringer, I tend to respect his opinion on these matters. The appeal of scanning these is they only tend to be eight pages each and they fit nicely on the A3 scanner. I'm sure I can dig up some other stuff too.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 02:33:21 PM »

I admire Lew greatly but we disagree very strongly on this matter. So, it might be better to set your project aside and I don't want to cause any further disagreements.
Let us know.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »

It would be great to have them onsite
ip icon Logged

John Hamer

message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »

I think it would be safe to download those items. Most of them are over 50 years old
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:37 AM »

I'd love to see them uploaded here.....I say go for it!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.