in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,775 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Archive #6 The Miss Victory - Holyoke

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Archive #6 The Miss Victory - Holyoke  (Read 2604 times)

Dr. Planet

message icon
Archive #6 The Miss Victory - Holyoke
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:47:45 AM »

The link is damaged. I downloaded the file three times and all three times has come incomplete. From 85.74 MB downloaded only 61.3 MB. Out of 156 only 115 pages appear.

Reference:
Issue   Archive #6 The Miss Victory - Holyoke
Title   RangerHouse Archives
Publisher   RangerHouse Archives
Uploaded   March 31, 2013
by rangerhouse
Filesize   85.74 MB consisting of 156 pages
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Archive #6 The Miss Victory - Holyoke
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:43:50 AM »

I downloaded the file and it is OK ... so it is fine on our server. It must have lost some "bits" during download ... I'd suggest trying again and hopefully all will be OK
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »

I just tried it also and it was fine.
ip icon Logged

Dr. Planet

message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:02:03 PM »

Nope.

Looks like I'll stay with the wish to completely download it because the Comic Book Plus server will not let me go beyond the 64 MB per download (and I checked with other files)...

My limit is 63,4 MB!  :P

Thank you very much for considering my complaint, buddies.

:'(

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:35:56 AM »

I have logged on to the site as a regular Joe user using a virgin copy of safari (running on windows) and the file downloaded correctly. The site itself has no download limits and the servers are much higher than the level you are hitting. Just wondering are you on a slow connection or is it pretty standard?

1) You can get the file from digitalcomicmuseum.com

2) If you can download it from there then I guess that rules out it being a problem with your machine/access.

3) I wonder what in the blue blazes is going on???

Regards,

Mark
ip icon Logged

Dr. Planet

message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 06:29:50 PM »

Hi, Mark...

I took your advice and I made in DCM what you suggested.

I had no problems in the dumps.

Today, I made a new attempt at download "Miss Victory" from CBP and the result,  fortunately, was very different.

However I did other downloads, and one of them (Jumbo Comics # 2 - Dig Cam - BUD) I had to make it twice.

All indications are that we have pixies in the server.  ::)

Thanks for your interest!

PS / Are you serious that you installed Safari ...? Whew...You are very brave and bold!  8)

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »

Hmmm ... I need to sleep on it

O yes .. my main browser nowadays is Chrome ... but I have IE, Opera, Safari and Firefox (plus some others I guess I have forgotten)

I need them all to check what my sites look like in each of them. Plus I don't want to lose my cookies in Chrome, so Safari I clear all history and it's a new user with a slightly strange browser. Ideal for testing stuff like your problem :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.