in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Cannot download

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Cannot download  (Read 4046 times)

blistering

message icon
Cannot download
« on: June 09, 2013, 09:32:15 AM »

I've come back to this wonderful site after a long absence and found a lot of good work has been done! Unfortunately, I can't download :( I get a message telling me to wait 2 mins and the download is a html page aying Oops... Can you help?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Cannot download
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »

blistering, are you trying to download to a pc, or an android tablet?  Because that's the message I get when I try to download to my Samsung.   Downloads to a pc. or laptop work fine.
The 2 min. wait between downloads applies to us all.
I'm sure Mark or narfstar might want to add something to this.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 11:20:36 AM »

O ... me bad I thought this was  blip that was fixed. Have you tried holding down on the link???

"The web is full of links that don
ip icon Logged

blistering

message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »

Thanks for replying. I'm downloading on a pc using firefox. When the save dialogue appears it show the filename ( a .cbz file) but it then saves "comicbookplus.com.html" to disk. When opened it has the message "Something Is Not Quite Right" etc.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »

Now that shouldn't be happening.  I download to my pc or external hard drive using Firefox and, as I write, I just downloaded Forbidden Worlds #1 successfully and in a few seconds.  This is beyond my meagre knowledge to explain and I think it's time for the Wizard, so over to Mark.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »

Paw - Did you try what I posted on your Galaxy?? I think that will solve your problem

Blistering - Can you tell me what you are doing? Clicking on download file and then what options on Firefox?

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »

Yes, it works.  Long press and save link option comes up.  Press "Save Link" and the file downloads.  Just done it. that's brilliant.  Thank you.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »

Unfortunately, my next 3 tries didn't work and I'm back to where I was.  Sorry.
But I got it working again.  Probably me mucking it up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:43:44 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

blistering

message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »

I click on the download link and the download a file dialogue opens, the file shown is a .cbz file. I have a download manager (downthemall) which is my default. I click OK and the html error page downloads.

I just tried again with the built-in downloader and it worked!

Tried again with downthemall and it failed!!

Back to firefox's built in download... it worked again!!!  SOLVED :)

Maybe I should tell the downthemall programmers.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 06:13:16 AM »

Ok Cool :)
ip icon Logged

Comix

message icon
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »

Hello,

I
ip icon Logged

alfje

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »

Hello Comix,

I've tried to download a (randomly picked) file using Firefox and had no trouble downloading it.

The way I did it.
First: I have CDisplayEx (= freeware) installed on my pc.
When I clicked on the download button, Firefox wanted to open it automatically with CDisplayEx, but I've click the "save" option.
After the download was completed (according to Firefox) I could read the file without any problems, no Winrar had to be used.

If this doesn't help, perhaps you could mention the file you're having the problem with?

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.