in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Scarlet Scorpion

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Scarlet Scorpion  (Read 3319 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
The Scarlet Scorpion
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:51:34 AM »

I have two Uomo Mascherato N. 14 & 56 all orginal Italian artwork and stories. Very cool and well rendered stuff. I have included the two covers here for you to see what the hang-up might be. Give me the thumbs up and I will scan them soon and post them up here. Interiors as with 90% of Italian books is B & W. See attachments......

Mr Goldenage of Italy
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:03:08 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: The Scarlet Scorpion
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:22:30 AM »

Can someone say recolored Blue Beetle?
Mark and Paw are the experts on the European stuff
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 05:00:45 AM »

Not at all. If you saw the interiors you would not say that. Original stories with original art, and, I might add, am a long time Blue Beetle fan who paid a good sum of $ for both of these books. The art alone makes them worthwhile.

RB
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:11:50 AM »

Which Mark??? Certainly not this one ...lol
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:12:12 AM »

Inside number 14 looks very much like Blue Beetle swipes to me. Maybe original overall but the poses and everything look like they were copied from Fox to me
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »

Holy mascarpone, I go away for a week and  Euro rip-offs raise their heads again.  I've said something about this before and there is (somewhere but not on CB+) a list of the Euro. reprints of Blue Beetle and Superman American stories and a list of the "new" stories, which were based on the characters but with new art.  But, like Jim, I think this "new" art was borrowed stuff, as it were.  I have uploaded a copy of a French Blue Beetle (which is probably a reprint of an Italian issue), titled Le Capitaine X-13:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=30074
and here the hero is called "Le Phantome D'Acier"
Bear in mind that The Phantom, when reprinted in Italy was heavily, and crudely, re-touched in a number of early editions of the classic stories, faces especially.
I've had a quick look for the reprint list with no success, so I'll need to have a dig, unless Richard has it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.