in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Are there any places where I can find checklists?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Are there any places where I can find checklists?  (Read 3600 times)

captblitzdawg

message icon
Are there any places where I can find checklists?
« on: July 18, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

Does anyone know of a place where I can find checklists for any of the public domain comics? I would like to be able to have a hard copy I could mark off, and make copies of for my cartooning club so the kids can track their reading, too.

Thanks for any assistance.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Are there any places where I can find checklists?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »

That would be pretty cool to have even onsite. A checklist of what we have and what is needed. Movielover has put in a lot of work keeping track of what we still need. It has saved me a lot of work when looking for books online that we still need. Saved me a lot of money in not getting duplicates also.
ip icon Logged

captblitzdawg

message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »

I was looking around New Kadia earlier today when I realized they set their collections up based on the Overstreet Guide. I guess I can look for the number of issues a series has, and check off accordingly.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 01:50:28 AM »

You could pick up some old recent Overstreets cheap. You can then tear out the pages that you need and use them as a checklist.  Books a couple years old can be picked up for a couple bucks
ip icon Logged

captblitzdawg

message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »

Hey, Narfstar-

Thanks for the idea! I work for a library, so maybe I'll pick up a copy when it gets discarded. In the meantime, I found Comicbookrealm.com- a free site that allows you to list your collection, so I am listing all of my digital copies. It allows me to see what I have and what I lack. I've only listed some of my CBR comics so far, but if they were print edition in VF-NM condition it would be over $200,000. There is no way I could afford to buy these old comics to read and enjoy them, so thanks for this site and all the work that goes into building this collection.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 01:29:11 AM »

There is also a program called listmaker. If you have your digital files all in one place or one drive or whatever it will give you a directory listing that you can tweak. That way you will have a list of your files without having to type it in anywhere
ip icon Logged

captblitzdawg

message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 06:11:27 PM »

Thanks again, Narfstar. I will give it a look. I took your advice on the old price guides and happened to find a PDF copy of the 2005 Overstreet on my portable hard drive so I can print out the pages I need!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.