in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Some Thanks!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Some Thanks!  (Read 2614 times)

ComicBookPlus

• Administrator
message icon
Some Thanks!
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »

Thank you. i found your site and had a flashback to my younger days. i grew up in the 60s and had so many of these comics, and also followed many comic strips in the paper. its nice to see them again.

You guys are seriously making my day uploading the issues of Union Jack. Old Sexton Blake is hard to come by. Thanks!

Just wanted to express my delight, as slipping quietly into my late Autumnal years, I have found your excellent site. Being an Englishman I should liked to have seen an even greater selection of those comics I once enjoyed as a youngster but you have offered me plenty to be going on with. I wonder if grandsons are being introduced, and thence enjoying, some of these bygone treasures. BRAVO!

Just wanted to drop you folks a note and tell you how much I\'m enjoying the UK Amlagamated titles, Nelson Lee, Sexton Blake, etc. Great stuff.

Great site.Many thanks from Istanbul. I like too much.

Thanks for the quick response, and thanks for all that you have done to build this great site.  Your work, and the work of all of the uploaders is much appreciated by this old comic fan.   I feel like a kid in a toy shop again.

I love your site. There is just so much talent out there from yesteryear that would have been lost, were it not for you and the team.

The simplest message of all, i love this site. it makes me feel like a kid again, when we did'nt have enough pocket money to collect all comics each week. thanks.

Thank you and I love that you have other languages. I might just get my son to keep up his Spanish ;-)

Thank you, I found your site recently, a fun place to go and enjoy older comics, many I have never seen before. I am from France, I am an artist for children book and comics.

THANK VERY MUCH! I Liked this! Great! More and more...good... Welcome in my home...gracias!

Very Good. Thanks American Pals! Brazil is my good Country, and like Comics and Cartoons! Muito Obrigado!!!
ip icon Logged

John Hamer

message icon
Re: Some Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »

if you want to join a bookclub join the London Old  Boys Book club they have a Sexton Bake library and Charles Hamilton library as well or go to www.friardale.co.uk
Yours John Hamer
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:18:16 AM by John Hamer »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Some Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »

I can endorse what John has suggested and add that Friardale is a wonderful resource with a wealth of information and entertainment.  A huge amount of time and effort has gone into the site and we all benefit.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.