in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Index card info mismatch

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Index card info mismatch  (Read 2818 times)

Drusilla lives!

• VIP
message icon
Index card info mismatch
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »

Didn't see an existing forum topic on this (not that I was looking that hard for one :) ) so...

Just wanted to let someone know that the index card info that comes up for the recently added Quality title "Love Letters #14" seems to point to "Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane #111." 

Just happened to notice this as I was looking at some of the new titles in the roll-down box.  My apologies in advance for starting a new thread if anyone else has noticed this before.

Extremely weird since I think that Lois title isn't even suppose to be on the site.  :)
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Index card info mismatch
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »

Should be taken care of. One digit was left of the GCD form, making for the problem.
ip icon Logged

Drusilla lives!

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 03:17:22 PM »

Yeah, it's fixed ML.

I didn't know you guys bumped up against GCD's database for the index info... that does explain the "weird" incorrect cross reference. 
ip icon Logged

Drusilla lives!

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »

The info for that "Skyrocket Comics" title also looks incorrect.
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 03:40:16 PM »

fixed
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »

Just me cocking up! or maybe not in this case ... but I'll take the blame anyway :)
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »

Love Letters was you, you forgot the last number. (6 digit instead of 5 digit)
Skyrocket was me, no clue what I was thinking with it. (but it was same publishers, anyway.)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.