in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Don Dixon and the hidden empire

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Don Dixon and the hidden empire  (Read 3135 times)

RickDeckard525

message icon
Don Dixon and the hidden empire
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »

This strip is pixelated very badly and pretty unreadable.
ip icon Logged

Rintintin

message icon
Re: Don Dixon and the hidden empire
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:45 AM »

I'd love to see the 1939 one clearly!! How can I track it down in Ebay?

btw I downloaded it and it's because the images are very small.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:05:40 AM by Rintintin »
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:12:03 AM »

I think I'm safe to put this link here. You can find 1939 DON DIXON SUNDAYS here on this Google drive.

A long while ago, I posted a link to this directory for a strip that is NOT in the public domain and it had to be removed, because that's a no-no on this message board. But I'm guessing that DON DIXON is in the pubic domain and I'm safe to give the link here.

Figuring out the zoom on this site always trips me up. But if you're patient and fiddle around with it enough, you should be able to zoom and download the pages.

If they're good for what you need, you might want to consider replacing the Sundays on CB+ with these better ones. But I haven't gone through all the pages--so I'll leave that to you guys to sort out.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:18:23 AM »

Thanks, Narf, for these scans. It's fun even though--or maybe because--it's such a blatant Flash Gordon ripoff. Nowadays they'd probably get sued. It must have been great for an artist to know he could use a full newspaper page for his Sundays. Even second-tier strips look more impressive.
ip icon Logged

Rintintin

message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »

Wowzers! Thanks. You simply click on a picture then hit the download button. Then use right arrow on your keyboard to get to the next image.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »

You're welcome.

(P.S. The download looks easy on the directory, but I remember in the past that, if I didn't do it right, I sometimes downloaded the small jpg file instead of the large jpg file. But that might just be me.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:11:51 PM by jimmm kelly »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.