in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Kindle Fire Help Needed

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Kindle Fire Help Needed  (Read 2677 times)

Hotdog

message icon
Kindle Fire Help Needed
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »

Hi, I bought a Kindle Fire recently, I have tried to transfer comics in the CBZ format through Calibre and although they convert and load, I end up with books that are slightly compressed on the sides, making the whole page look tall and skinny. Is there a way to fix this problem? Maybe I'm a whiner but I do like seeing the comics the way they're supposed to look. Thanks for any help!
ip icon Logged

thundergirls

message icon
Re: Kindle Fire Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »

Perhaps I don't have enough information. Why are you processing them through Calibre? Using an android based viewer such as Perfect Viewer, all you need to do is transfer them to a folder on your device. Perfect Viewer also allows you to access files on your network, so you don't even have to transfer them when viewing at home, your entire library is available to you through network access.
ip icon Logged

Mark Braun

message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »

I use my Kindle Fire for comics, too. Use the Android tool to transfer! Easy!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:09 AM »

I  am not sure either why you would need to use calibre for comic files.  On an android device loaded with perfect viewer, any comic you download in .cbz or .cbr format will be fine.  Also, if the comic is a .pdf, the add on in perfect viewer for pdf files works a treat.
I tend to download files to my pc, then drag and drop to my external sd card on my tablet.  Keeping a few micro sd cards lets you have a huge range of comics, storypapers and other stuff to read, whatever takes your fancy.  Although I don't think kindle has the option of adding a micro sd card, but I could be wrong.
What I would suggest is treating yourself to a big screen device. I use a Samsung 10.1 tablet and comics look really good on it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.