in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Merry Christmas

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 2472 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Merry Christmas
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »

Merry Christmas to all. 
ip icon Logged

misappear

• VIP
message icon
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »

Stephen,
     I appreciate the efforts of the dedicated scanners posting here.  However I must tell you that your tireless efforts over the last few years have made this site a mandatory daily stop for me. You have provided me with countless hours of discovery and appreciation of this wonderful artform.
     I am certain that people all over the world constantly send grateful thoughts of friendship and appreciation in your direction. 
     I have often thought that I should pay the money to travel from the foresaken cornfields of Indiana to Scotland just for the honor of shaking your hand. You continually make my world a better place. 
     Merry Christmas to you, sir, and thank you.

-David
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:08:11 AM »

I too would travel from Southern California (but it is too warm right now hehe) to shake the hands of the many many scanners from the multitude of countries and US states that do the work and those who facilitate that work as well, not to mention those who provide the means and methods to supply and apply these treasured works for all to enjoy. So to that I say a Merry Xmas and to whatever or whomever you hold dear and/or greatfull too as well, so thank you very much and a Happy New year to come to all!

Richard Boucher
Mr_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 05:49:34 AM »

Merry Christmas and thanks to all who have made this site such a valuable resource and such an enjoyable place to visit.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »

David, and the rest of you, while I'd love to meet all of you, I wouldn't suggest trying to get to Scotland right now.  Here and the rest of G.B. has serious problems with storms which, in some parts of the country,  have flooded thousands of houses, brought down power lines, washed away railway lines and thrown trees on to roads.  All of which has made it a miserable Christmas for thousands of folk.  And yet another storm warning out for tonight and tomorrow.  So, I'm about to check out the new additions to the site while enjoying hot mince pies and coffee.  Oh, and I don't like flying and there doesn't seem to be a bus or train to the USA. :o
So now that Christmas day is over, we have the delights of Hogmanay to look forward to and in between there are the rest of the Spanish Cap. Marvel and Superhombre to upload.
Richard, stay where you are, enjoy the warmth, 'cos it's a tad chilly here.  When we walked round Linlithgow loch this morning, we couldn't have worn any more clothes and hats.  I'm impressed with Rocambole.  Ta.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »

Glad you are liking the Turkish Delights even if they are of the Spainish variety! :-). and someday the missues and I would like to make it to the UK (thus Scotland if they are still part of the UK) and see the sights. Enjoy your holidays my friend. We're doing our best all things considered. Take care.

RB @ Work
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »

I am sorely remiss at not having wished you all a good holiday and Christmas.

Most of you know that I am rarely active here (or anywhere else actually) due to the twists and turns of life and career.

Be well, may 2014 give you positive increases in all things important to you.

B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.