in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

topic icon Author Topic: Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here  (Read 84316 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

Hi Gang,
See something good on eBay or some other auction site?
Post your pointers here.

For those long URLs please use Tiny.url to post them here:
http://tinyurl.com/

I've added a sticky so this topic will always be at the top of this section.

Have fun!
-Yoc
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:50:27 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Several books for $2.99 and free shipping
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 02:13:35 AM »

I have the SuperKat/Frisky Animals #54 so do not bother with that one unless you really want I will scan it some time. JIM
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Joe Palooka LOT
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:28:14 AM »

ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Matt Baker art opportunity
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 07:39:15 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEEN-AGE-ROMANCES-20-1952-Romance-GD-VG-3-0-MATT-BAKER_W0QQitemZ260271027948QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If nobody else is trying for this one I'll probably put in a relatively small bid; in the 10-15$ range.  Nothing spectacular, but we might get lucky.

And this reminded me to check for some other Matt Baker books; I've got Authentic Police Cases 35 on the way from Buy It Now.  So this thread has done some good, at least indirectly, already.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
Re: Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 07:38:57 AM »

And somebody outbid me on the Teen-age Romances; such is life.

Just a side note:  Don't hesitate to post interesting Buy it now items, as well. 
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »

Thanks for all your buys and shares here Eric.
Sorry about the Teen-age Romances book.   :'(
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 04:43:36 AM »

Such is part of eBay life.  I missed the romance book, I got a crime book instead.  I wouldn't have thought to go looking for Baker if somebody hadn't mentioned it here.
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »

That time I went after a batch of coverless Harvey's I only managed to bag one of them but I finished up with an early issue of Jungle Comics which was an unxpected bonus.

On Ebay some you win and some you lose.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 01:02:16 AM »

I don't have the budget after grabbing some stuff already this week; but this might just qualify as a "good enough to scan but beat up enough to afford" copy of Phantom Lady 19:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-LADY-COMIC-AUG-19-1948-No-19-NR_W0QQitemZ220279638311

ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 08:13:54 AM »

Actually, after talking with the seller, they're willing to wait until I can pay for it in a couple weeks if I win.  So, I'll go ahead and ask:  What seems like an appropriate bid on this book in this condition, and was anybody else interested in making a run for it?  If the GD 2.0 list is about 180, and they're saying it's between 1.0 and 1.5, I'm inclined to say an appropriate bid is around 150 given the popularity of the title; a bit over Guide but not _that_ much over guide.  I'm not used to bidding on books like this; I would appreciate some advice.  And I don't want to step on the toes of anybody else here going for it; so I'll wait at least a day before bidding.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »

Price drops quickly with grade.  If it is a 1 then the price should be less than half of a 2.  Popularity may make it higher but I would not expect over $100. Just my 2 cents.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »

Looks like it would be a fun cover scan to reconstruct. She's pretty beat but may not be brittle.
I'd advise waiting till the end of the auction and then sending in your best bid instead of showing your hand early and letting others see your interest. You might end up getting it for the $50 or there abouts if someone tries spiking it a one or fiver at the end.
Good luck.

In your corner.

Actually, after talking with the seller, they're willing to wait until I can pay for it in a couple weeks if I win.  So, I'll go ahead and ask:  What seems like an appropriate bid on this book in this condition, and was anybody else interested in making a run for it?  If the GD 2.0 list is about 180, and they're saying it's between 1.0 and 1.5, I'm inclined to say an appropriate bid is around 150 given the popularity of the title; a bit over Guide but not _that_ much over guide.  I'm not used to bidding on books like this; I would appreciate some advice.  And I don't want to step on the toes of anybody else here going for it; so I'll wait at least a day before bidding.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:49:00 PM by rez »
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »

Well, the cover is probably the one thing we don't need to worry about; I'm sure we can find a high quality copy on heritage.  Anyway, it looks like I'll be making a bid on this one, even if I do wait until the last minute for the obvious reasons.  So unless somebody else wants a go; I'll plan on handling this one.  Wish me luck!
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »

There are actually sniping programs you can run which will automatically bid for you in hte last few seconds of the auction.  Don't recall the names of any, but some posters here use them I know.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Mary Marvel 18
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »

ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 02:29:00 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/1945-TOP-SPOT-COMICS-1-Scarce-The-Menace-BV-435-FN-VF_W0QQitemZ310084609719QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310084609719&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Top Spot Comics # 1 (Top Spot Publishing ... Gerona ...  Holyoke) with The Duke of Darkness & The Menace.  Ends on September 27, seller has 100% on 6500+ feedbacks, so the guy obviously isn't into ripping people off.  It's up to $78 US + S&H on 4 bids, which is more than I'm willing to pay for a comic.

Good luck to anyone willing to give this a shot.
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 05:21:11 AM »

thelesneydude is definitely a class act...  I bought from him a few years ago when I was trying to finish up a couple of Bronze Age series...  consistent grading, and nice packing are his trademarks :D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 12:45:51 AM »

He has several books not yet scanned not too expensive. Several Ajax

http://collectibles.search.ebay.com/_Golden-Age-1938-55_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ66QQsassZwileycoyote373
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Young King Cole
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 01:35:09 AM »

Since YKC has come up with my IW reprint here are some available on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160289759188
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160289761199

of course JVJ has all these so we may just wait and get them there.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.