in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,778 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Site glitch?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Site glitch?  (Read 3357 times)

Titansfan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Site glitch?
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »

Hey there.  Having problems downloading.  when I go to download a comic it tells me I have to login.  Once I login it takes me to the forums, but when I try to go back to the new books page and download it tells me that I need to login again.  Feels like I'm stuck in a loop.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Site glitch?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:31 PM »

Not 100% sure, so, have you logged into both sides, forum and home page?  You need to sign into the home page, where the comics are.  Have a try and get back to us.  As I'm in Scotland, it will probably be someone else who gets back to you. Me, I'm off to bed.
ip icon Logged

Titansfan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:20:55 AM »

Anytime I try to log in from any part on the site it takes me to the forum, and then when I try and ho to the homepage or comics section it tells me I'm not logged in.  Frustrating.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 07:10:11 AM »

I would suggest resettnig your cookies https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,7508.0.html

Hopefully that'll do the trick!
ip icon Logged

eerie10

message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »

I got a glitch:

When I tried to log in to the site to save a comic I was reading, I get transfered to the forum instead of going to the same page I was on. :(
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 09:00:32 AM »

I had the same problems for awhile, then it seemed to cure itself.
Then months later a similar problem appeared at other forums.
To cure it that time I had to clean out the PC using the "Yet another Cleaner" program, and updated all my spyware and anti virus programs. I found somrthing had turned off my antivirus blockers, so I turned these back on. Haven't had the problem since.

Some malware acts to redirect you when you change pages or login. Sometimes it causes fake site popups to appear. It does this on the sites you visit most often because you are more likely to trust that the popups are legit. If you do click on these it will download more aggressive malware or viruses.

The YAC site has instructions for resetting your internet options to get rid of redirect malware.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 07:58:14 AM »

Have youi tried this?

https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,7508.0.html

It fixes 9 out of 10 problems :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.