in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

We Still Need Your Help with some missing Phantom Lady Stories!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

topic icon Author Topic: We Still Need Your Help with some missing Phantom Lady Stories!  (Read 48223 times)

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
Re: We Still Need Your Help with some missing Phantom Lady Stories!
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »

What's the latest status on this - still missing as of 3/11/2010?
ip icon Logged

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

Still needing  "The Soda Mint Killer" from Phantom Lady_017 to complete the set  :(

Right now the plan is to move forward with this project regardless and just add this story at a later date should it become available much as we did with the missing/lost story from Volume One  covering the Phantom Lady's Quality Comics incarnation.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 12:48:17 AM »

just one story missing - that's great :)
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

We're also missing the first page of the first story in #23; since we have that from the IW reprint. 

We have very low quality copies of the first two pages of "Soda Mint Killer"- somebody posting the issue of eBay posted a fairly large photo of them which we snagged.  I figure the major use of that- other than as a teaser- is if we can find a Fox Giant which happens to include PL 17.  I have one which reprints PL 19; the catch being the color registration is awful.  We actually have access to THREE copies of 19 we're working with; the problem is all of them have some of the worst registration I've ever seen.  Which is why the book hasn't been posted yet.

On the plus side, we've got good scans of all the Ajax issues so Volume 3 will be much easier to produce!
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »

Give us a chance OE we have'nt even put Volume Two to bed yet -lol

Still as you say its a great help having good quality scans of all the PUBLISHED AF stories, there was one later unused story which we only have a black and white scan of but its still better then nothing.

Volume Three should bring the Phantom Lady story right bang up to date as well as maybe providing the answers to a couple of long standing mysteries concerning this character.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

redjdn

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: redjdn
message icon
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »

I have a phantom lady 17 complete in pretty good shape if you guys need one.
I'd be willing to send you scans or pictures.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »

We just filled in that issue a month or two ago; I think we all forgot this was still here.  But THANK YOU for the offer; for a very long time that was probably the single most wanted PD comic to be scanned and we still appreciate your willingness to share!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.