in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Remixing Golden/Silver Era - Insight Greatly Appreciated!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Remixing Golden/Silver Era - Insight Greatly Appreciated!  (Read 1979 times)

DaysOfWonder

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DaysOfWonder
message icon
Remixing Golden/Silver Era - Insight Greatly Appreciated!
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »

First off, amazing site! The collection of comics here is inspiring! I'm hoping you guys can provide me with some much needed insight. I plan on working on a personal project in the near future and I've come up with a creative idea of incorporating/remixing some of the amazing art from the golden/silver era of comics.

What I'm actually in need of are various poses of men and woman in an array of animated forms. I'm also looking for locations and scenery that are not smothered with speech balloons. I've noticed Matt Baker has a ton of interesting art in this vein. I just want to make sure that I'm not infringing on anyones work. I'm so hesitant about what I can use, I really could use some direction.

If someone could point me towards any collections on your site that are almost certainly public domain, I'd really appreciate it. If anything comes to mind that you think I'd be interested in, please share! I'm in need of a lot of art so I'll take whatever I can find.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
ip icon Logged

RickDeckard525

message icon
Re: Remixing Golden/Silver Era - Insight Greatly Appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "men and women in various animated poses." Wouldn't you be able to find that in almost every page of comics ever? As for scenery, I suggest Planet comics as being a good source of surreal landscapes with few words.
ip icon Logged

Coleoptere

message icon
Re: Remixing Golden/Silver Era - Insight Greatly Appreciated!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »

When it comes to the lesser known Golden Age comics, I would check up AC Comics to see if they have what you want.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.