in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Batman'66 meets the green hornet

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Batman'66 meets the green hornet  (Read 1946 times)

fate man

message icon
Batman'66 meets the green hornet
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »

hey,guys,
What do you think of the upcoming batman'66 meets the green hornet mini-series from DC and dynamite entertainment?
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
Re: Batman'66 meets the green hornet
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »

Well in the old TV series Kato beat Robin like a rented mule so thats something to look forward to at least.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:20:43 AM »

I really enjoyed the Batman GH TV crossover
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:09 AM »

I suppose you lot will shout at me, everyone else does.  Imo, the only really entertaining thing about that Batman tv show was The Green Hornet.  I have the complete Green Hornet show run on dvd but none of the Batman show and my only regret about that is that I cant find the 2 GH episodes.
So, as I am wary of Dynamite stuff and didn' t enjoy the 66 Batman, I'll be avoiding it like the plague.
ip icon Logged

Drahken

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

The first few batman 66 comics were good, but then they changed artists & I think writers after the first miniseries & it's sucked since. I'm really not interested in anything else in the batman 66 line (SOOOOOO much wasted potential...)
ip icon Logged

Coleoptere

message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »

I remember in the TV show, GH and Kato peeked out a window and met Batman and Robin scaling up a wall.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »

As I said on the old DC message boards, both BATMAN No. 192 (June '67) and GREEN HORNET No. 2 (May '67), given the vagueries of distribution in the '60s, happened to come out at the same time in my neighbourhood. Both these comics featured a story set in Chinatown, with similar Chinese characters. So, even though Batman and Green Hornet never met in those stories, this was my unofficial comic book crossover.

By that time Batman and Green Hornet had already crossed paths in "A Piece of the Action"/"Batman's Satisfaction" (broadcast on March 1st and 2nd, '67)--so I was ready to believe they could meet in the comics.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.