in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Jim's (JVJ) Kickstarter Project!!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Jim's (JVJ) Kickstarter Project!!  (Read 2262 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Jim's (JVJ) Kickstarter Project!!
« on: April 30, 2014, 08:03:19 AM »

Many of you must know of Jim (aka JVJ) and his massive comic book collection. If not let's put it this way  AT LEAST 2,447 of the comics here come from his archive! Don't believe me? Well here is the list! https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=jvjarchive_s_s_0

What is not so well known is that Jim is all arty! Not for him the the thrill of the comic book read! Oh no he's spotting pencillers and inkers ... watching artistic developments etc etc. This art thread leads to his ImageS publication dating back to 2001. Here he does MUCH more than recreate hidden artistic gems, he uses modern editing and printing methods to create works that far exceed what was technically possible when they were first produced. His latest venture is the most audacious of the lot. Here is the link to the kickstarter project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1694106638/images-magazine-13-the-golden-glory-of-the-art-i-l?ref=email

BTW if anyone has a spare $1,000 I'd LOVE the 10 hours Photoshop consultation. A master class from a real expert! Oh and if you have any change left over, I also fancy all the back issues of ImageS so that's another $630. Personally I like the $60 poster and signed copy of ImageS option, it just fits in my budget  ... but for just $25 you can get the magazine and still be involved in one ULTRA COOL project!

O as a taster here is a LOW RESOLUTION image of the cover. WOW!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.