in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

About Fleetway Super Library Frontline series

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: About Fleetway Super Library Frontline series  (Read 4040 times)

nikolaos1960

message icon
About Fleetway Super Library Frontline series
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »

Hallo,i Know that is a very hard to find series,but I am not quite sure if these titles were published outside UK,with other name!
For example in Greece,were published as "Combat",also extremely hard to be found!

Does anybody know ,if they were published,in other countries,like Spain,Italy,or whatever,and which was the title?

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: About Fleetway Super Library Frontline series
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:20:05 AM »

Paw may be able to help as I have no idea
ip icon Logged

nikolaos1960

message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »

Hallo there!
Thanks for the reply and sorry for my bad English!

Paw is a member of the site?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »

Hi nikolaos.  Frontline was indeed a Fleetway title.  Part of the Fleetway Super Library and I think they had 132 pages. I checked the guide and there seem to have been 26 issues.  Odd numbers featured Maddock's Marauders and even numbers had Ironside.  I don't college war comics but I think there were a couple of decent artists at times.  The title lasted from 1967 - 1968.
As to whether they were reprinted in other countries, I don't know but I would guess that they might have been, particularly in France, where a lot of British titles were re-done/re-packaged.  Had I seen them in European comic shops, I probably wouldn't have paid attention as they don't float my boat.
Keep checking ebay UK as Fleetway titles do turn up there.
ip icon Logged

nikolaos1960

message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:05:57 PM »

THANKS a million my friend!
Great infos indeed!
I will keep checking!
My best regards from Greece!
ip icon Logged

cajnik

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: cajnik
message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »

Hi, the series was published in Yugoslavia, too.
These numbers:
http://www.mihamazzini.com/EN/SuperStrip/default.html
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »

Thank you cajnik for that excellent find.  While I was aware of the Spider, Steel Claw etc. being reprinted in France, Spain etc, I had no idea of the Yugoslavia connection.  Interesting that after those Fleetway titles had run out, they moved to Italian comics.  Diabolik is still going strong so no chance of them having run out of reprint material and Alan Ford was and is a huge favourite in Italy.  Thanks again.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.