in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Termination and release

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Termination and release  (Read 2622 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Termination and release
« on: June 24, 2014, 01:43:50 AM »

I was looking up some Dell copyrights and came across this. It is for many Dell properties and even included Brothers of the Spear. Does it mean what it looks like to me that Dell willingly released the property. Do a more search options for V3476D630. Click on a title. It will have a clickable FULL TITLE  Tall Book of Christmas & 12,270 more. When you click you get a message that looks like the rights were terminated. 

Document Number:   V3476D630
Date of Recordation:    2001-11-29
Entire Copyright Document:    V3476 D628-645 P1-437
Date of Execution:    24Aug01
Title:    The tall book of Christmas & 12,270 other titles. (Part 003 of 018)
Notes:    Termination and release of security interest in copyright rights (United States) Doc. refers to V3447 P355-390, recorded on 28Jan00.
Party 1:    CIT Group/Business Credit, Inc., as administrative agent.
Party 2:    Golden Books Publishing Company, Inc. 

A clickable list of these titles.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Termination and release
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »

2001 is the year that Classic Media acquired many items that had been published by Western/Dell/Gold Key so this may be just notice that they were relinquishing the rights to the new copyright holder. 

I understand that Dreamworks bought out Classic Media in 2012 so they would own those properties now.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:40:42 AM »

That may be Joe.
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »

2001 is the year that Classic Media acquired many items that had been published by Western/Dell/Gold Key so this may be just notice that they were relinquishing the rights to the new copyright holder. 

I understand that Dreamworks bought out Classic Media in 2012 so they would own those properties now.

Best

Joe

Yes, that's about right. Not unusual to see notations like this when properties are sold, or used as collateral for loans (the intellectual property so to speak) - the bank/credit institution is usual noted in cases like that, as it here being the administrative agent for the rights holder.

I noticed a similar notation when researching the old AIP libary - having past hands several times,and used as collateral when MGM restructured AGAIN!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.