in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Old Time Radio Comes To Our Site

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Old Time Radio Comes To Our Site  (Read 3785 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Old Time Radio Comes To Our Site
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »

As regular members of our Reading Group already know, today is the day for a BIG announcement. They, and the other nefarious individuals Mr Blabbermouth has told, must have guessed it is to do with radio.

Drum roll .... the big announcement is .... We now have just a few Old Time Radio (OTR) shows (well a tad over 4,000 of them!). These directly relate to books on the site, the idea is to add a bit more context and hopefully even more fun!

It is very early days. Everything has been rushed, and is really rough around the edges. We are NOT currently allowing members to upload MP3s. But if you see shows we are missing please message me. BUT PLEASE remember we are just adding shows that relate to the books that we have, to add a bit more color and a better feel for things.

You can find the link on every page near the top but here it is anyway https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2792

Enjoy!
ip icon Logged

sipseywilderness

message icon
Re: Old Time Radio Comes To Our Site
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:50:25 AM »

Great news for those who are new to OTR. Myself I pretty much have all otr that is out on mp3 but am happy to see it being offered here for those not familiar with it. I've spent about the last 16 years collecting otr in mp3s. Even run a small otr group where we distro such things by mail on dvds. Just remember those who came before..a lot of collectors from years past who taped shows or saved transcription discs for future generations and many of those encoded it to mp3....or bought tapes and discs and encoded then offered it up to all for free. If you need anything special email me and I'll send you a disc or whatnot as long and it isn't a lot of them....discs that is. You can fit a lot of otr on 1 dvd.

best
Rick
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:38:44 AM »

Hi Rick!

I was hoping to reel in a knowledgeable OTRer. I'd be really grateful if you could cast your eye over and see if we have any glaring holes. BTW I am tempted to add in comic related shows that we don't have the books for (cos of copyright concerns IE Flash Gordon) but I do want to keep  the pulp/comic emphasis

Regards
Mark

ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »

I just left a comment on an episode of THE MYSTERIOUS TRAVELER, but while it shows up on the page for that episode it doesn't show up on the forum, unlike the comments on the comic books. Maybe that can be fixed.

edit: Okay, I see my comment finally came up. So that's not an issue anymore.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:53:17 PM by jimmm kelly »
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »

Don't know if this is a glaring hole or if there are even any surviving episodes, but Og, Son of Fire started off as a series of stories in Boy's Life in 1921, became a CBS radio show in 1934, in 1936 was made into a Big Little Book and the art from was later used in Dell's The Funnies #4-11.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »

Oops, posted to the wrong thread.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:55:46 PM by jimmm kelly »
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »

I'm currently looking for episodes of "Tales of Fatima". Sponsored by the Fatima Cigarette Co. and hosted by Basil Rathbone, these are mysteries with clues given by an ethereal voice called Fatima. I've only found two episodes- number 20, "A Much Expected Murder" 5-21-1949 and number 21, "Time to Kill" 5-28-1949. Any help in locating other episodes would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.