in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

murky uploads

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: murky uploads  (Read 3207 times)

murky

• VIP
message icon
murky uploads
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:31:25 PM »

Hey all, just got done uploading an alt scan of Midnight Mystery #3 (ACG 1961).
I hope it went through, though if credited to  maximus (old name) or murky (new name) I don't know.
maximus was on the upload form page.
ip icon Logged

murky

• VIP
message icon
Re: murky uploads
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »

I just uploaded Funny Films 08 (ACG 1950). I did get the Add to Database button which I clicked. It did say it worked, and it used username maximus. I don't remember that database button when I did Midnight Mystery. I'm happy to upload MM again if I screwed it up. Thanks!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 10:51:13 PM »

Funny Films 8 was not already in the database so we welcome the upload with a big thanks. Not sure why it came up Maximus unless you used that name before and it left it as a cookie. Do you want it changed to murky?
ip icon Logged

murky

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 03:59:09 AM »

Yes, narfstar, I would like it changed to murky. Maximus is the username I had before. The forum calls me murky now but not the dl/ul pages.

About Midnight Mystery(ACG)... I now think I erred in the upload process.

Do you want alt scans of MM#3(26MB) and #4(22MB)?

I also have better copies of the same scans that were uploaded for MM issues #1(13MB), #2(13MB), #6(27MB) and #7(29MB).  If you want them do I label them upgrades?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »

I changed it to murky. You can delete the CB+ cookie and you should be able to be murky
ip icon Logged

murky

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »

hi, I just uploaded Giggle Comics 050 (ACG 1948) (c2c).cbz. Interesting funny animal art. Nice scan of a nice copy.

Narfstar, thanks for the help but I don't know where a CB+ cookie might be. I use CCleaner to remove any cookies and I don't allow anything other than session cookies. Maybe I should use Pale Moon or (shudder) IE and see what happens.

It's not a big deal to me, they're both fake names. I use murky on DCM. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to have two accounts here.
ip icon Logged

murky

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »

Just uploaded Little Eva 016 (St. John 1954) (c2c) (js).cbz   I mentioned in the description that I don't know if the scanner goes by js, and thus I stated the scanner was unknown.

Thanks guys.
ip icon Logged

murky

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »

I just uploaded Goofy Comics 036 (Standard 1950) (c2c) (freddyfly).cbz  DCM has it and it made it elsewhere on the interwebs but it seems to have dropped through the cracks before it made it here.

Thanks freddyfly!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 02:22:41 AM »

Thanks a lot for all the uploads
ip icon Logged

murky

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »

You are very welcome. Thanks for maintaining the site. I see Freddyfly uploaded the missing scan himself, which is great. All credit to him.

If you prefer the scanner him/herself upload a missing scan, let me know and I will PM them instead of uploading myself, unless that sounds rude.  blastaar will get a polite PM from me today.

I never heard back about the Midnight Mystery upgrades I have. I have time today to upload a couple for you to quality check if the site is interested.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 12:05:51 AM »

If you upload them PM Mark he is the site owner and can decide on issues like that I do not judge if an upgrade is worthwhile
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 07:26:23 AM »

Hi we try just to have the one version. Simple reason being space so there has been quite a bit of culling. We are still growing 25,000 books and 7,000 radio shows. And loads more to be added!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.