in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,066 books
 New: 210 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Help Request: Old War Comic

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Help Request: Old War Comic  (Read 1141 times)

Phonynoam

message icon
Help Request: Old War Comic
« on: October 30, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »

Hi.  Wondered if anyone out there could help me.  I am looking for a comic book that I read as a kid--somewhere between 1965 and 1975.  I think it was in Fightin' Army, but I'm not sure about that.  The story was about how Ernest Hemingway, John Dos Passos, and another American writer joined the ambulance corps during World War I.  Does that ring any bells?

Thanks.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
Re: Help Request: Old War Comic
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:46:24 PM »

Could it have been Our Army At War #234?

The Grand Comics Database lists it as having a story, Mercy Brigade, featuring Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald & John Dos Passos.

The issue was cover dated July 1971.
ip icon Logged

Phonynoam

message icon
Re: Help Request: Old War Comic
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:15:48 PM »

Thanks, SuperScrounge! That has got to be it. I can't find a downloadable or viewable version, but I did recognize that cover and the description is to a T.  Thanks for the assist!  Now to buy a cheap copy!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.