in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hail

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hail  (Read 1333 times)

good time charlie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: good time charlie
message icon
Hail
« on: November 09, 2014, 04:14:34 AM »

Hi comic fans. Just call me Good Time Charlie.  Living in rural Missouri where I started out 78 years ago.
Was away from here for 50 years seeking my fortune. Finally gave up and came home. Ran across this
site while searching for the comic strip "Freddie"... guess I'll hang out for a while.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hail
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:59:31 AM »

Hang out often and for a long time
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »

Hello Good Time Charlie.  Glad you found your way here.  Enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »

Welcome Home Good Time Charlie.

Mr_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

73042helloworld

message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:00:31 AM »

I left Missouri on May 1, 1956 and followed Horace Greeley's advice.  Of course, I didn't have much choice as I was just 2 month short of 14 and was with my parents.  I was only allowed to bring my CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED and about 20 other comics. 

Since then, I have read thousands of comic books and strips.  I've searched the net for scanable sites and found this to be the best I've found for Public Domain English language books, so you should do pretty good.  It's really too bad It can't include the pre 1960 DC and Timely groups as those are still protected, but what's here could keep you busy for quite a while.

Enjoy yourself here and I advise taking a break to Wayne County and catch some delicious catfish at Clearwater Lake near Piedmont (Roy Thomas went to school at Cape Giradeau and liked to fish at the  Lake.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.