in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,781 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Fiction House OA

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Fiction House OA  (Read 1522 times)

Gunsmoke

message icon
Fiction House OA
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:30:56 AM »

Hello and happy New Year to all.
Im a Matt Baker Collector and always looking for his art to buy.
One thing that I notice is all the available Fiction House OA that's out there and available to buy.
Mr Jerry Iger just like EC-Bill Gaines kept the artwork and did not destroy it like others. Thanks to him we can collect and applause all those talented artist that work at Fiction House.

ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
Re: Fiction House OA
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »

There's a lot of art from the Iger shop that's never been identified with certainty--as I discovered when I was doing blogs on Rulah and on Superior Comics. I would think it's much easier to identify a penciller or inker by looking at the original artwork--where tell-tale signs can be found.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if script pages were saved. Script pages would probably be even more obvious as an indicator of who wrote a story, since every scripter had his own idiosyncracies and every typewriter was different.
ip icon Logged

Gunsmoke

message icon
Re: Fiction House OA
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 12:15:54 AM »

agree jimm, many of the greats (Baker,Kamen) that pass thrue fiction house have been know to be mimic by later iger staff. When Matt Baker left Iger-shop for St John few artist were trying to mimic Baker's girls.
John Forte, Ken Battefield, John Thornton, Al Feldstein and others.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.