in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Jill Trent, Science Sleuth #1 on KickStarter!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Jill Trent, Science Sleuth #1 on KickStarter!  (Read 2237 times)

Kroberts

message icon
Jill Trent, Science Sleuth #1 on KickStarter!
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:37:01 AM »

Jill Trent, Science Sleuth was a comic book heroine published in the mid-1940s who solved mysteries and caught crooks using her scientific genius, improbable inventions, and the fighting prowess of her faithful partner, Daisy Smythe!

Now, more than 65 years later, we're bringing Jill and Daisy back in JILL TRENT, SCIENCE SLEUTH #1, a 28-page comic book featuring 5 stories by 5 creative teams! Each stand-alone story reimagines the Science Sleuths in a new way, including a range of racial and ethnic identities and time periods, from the 1940s to the not-too-distant future.

Suitable for all ages, the short stories in JILL TRENT, SCIENCE SLEUTH #1 include both a mix of "real" science and goofy sci-fi, celebrating women in science with an undercurrent of feminism.

With 5 different versions of the Science Sleuths, the unspoken theme is, hopefully, one of diversity and empowerment. The book celebrates women in science as well as female characters in comics. It's just the first in a planned series of new adventures!

Great backer rewards still available! Thanks for giving us a look!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dmhiggins/jill-trent-science-sleuth-1

ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Jill Trent, Science Sleuth #1 on KickStarter!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:17:47 PM »

Went and looked @ the site. Very nice. I appreciate your efforts and wish you the best of luck. I'd pledge some money but I'm flat broke and going through a divorce. Sorry, but good going! :-)

Mr_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

Kroberts

message icon
Re: Jill Trent, Science Sleuth #1 on KickStarter!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:09:42 AM »

Thanks for checking us out, Mr_Goldenage! I used this site to do all my background research on Jill Trent. No worries on the pledge, we appreciate the new eyes and any extra help getting the word out on the book.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.