in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,017 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Birthday comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Birthday comics  (Read 912 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Birthday comics
« on: February 26, 2015, 04:18:52 PM »

Using Mike's Amazing World of Comics, I set up a page for my birth month, and this is what it looks like:-
http://www.dcindexes.com/features/timemachine.php?site=all&type=calendar&month=5&year=1949&sort=alpha
Anyone else fancy showing us which comics were hitting the newstands (newsagents or paper shops if you are British) the month you were born?
This idea has been pinched from philcom55 on comicsuk.co.uk  But while Phil can claim to share a birth month with Ace the Bat Hound (how cool is that?) all I get is issue #100 of The Shadow.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
Re: Birthday comics
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »

ACTION COMICS 244 came out a day after I was born. This one featured "The Super-Merman of the Sea" written by Otto Binder, with art by Curt Swan and Stan Kaye, who also did the cover. It's interesting to compare Swan's art on this story with the work he did on the AQUAMAN mini-series in the '80s.

Only two weeks before ACTION 244, BATMAN 118 came out, cover featuring "The Merman Batman" with the cover by Swan and Kaye, as well. The actual inside story was by Finger, Moldoff and Paris.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Birthday comics
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:30:12 AM »

Our newsstand does the same (using cover dates) https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=yns_4905_0 and you can read them!!

I need to get my butt into gear as I want to tack Radio Shows on the bottom of it .. or do a similar thing for OTR .. it'll happen sometime this year!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.