in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Is Sunday a bad day to upload?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Is Sunday a bad day to upload?  (Read 2986 times)

beb

message icon
Is Sunday a bad day to upload?
« on: March 15, 2015, 10:22:09 PM »

I tried to upload an issue of Amazing Stories today and whole process just seemed to hang. Are uploads not allowed on Sundays? Is the upload link on the front page not working? Is there some other way to upload?

Thanks,
Beb, a newbie
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Is Sunday a bad day to upload?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:38:15 AM »

Everyday is an upload day here! Maybe there was a blip ... it can take a bit of time to upload a file. What size is it? And what exciting book is it? Oh I almost forgot to say welcome aboard!
ip icon Logged

beb

message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 01:28:39 AM »

It's Amazing Stories, December 1930.  208 Mb. It seemed like it too forever to even contact the site and there was never any sense of an upload in progress.

I tried uploading again Monday. After a long wait while it was contacting the site my browser went to a blank page with an address of "comicbookplus.com/?Act=useradddl" I left it alone for a half hour. I have no idea if the file was uploading during the blank page pr if it had finished uploading.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:47:18 AM by beb »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:23 AM »

Ah ... that's a BIG file. Too big for that upload method. I can set up FTP access for you, But if you have scanned it can you decrease the size a tad please to around the 100mb mark?
ip icon Logged

beb

message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »

Sure, that's do-able.
ip icon Logged

beb

message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 01:40:17 AM »

I wanted to add the following details but wasn't sure where to put it.

Cover by Morey, for
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »

Ah ... that's a BIG file. Too big for that upload method. I can set up FTP access for you, But if you have scanned it can you decrease the size a tad please to around the 100mb mark?

The other option could be breaking the book into two equal parts.
Just a thought.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »

Yes, but it makes it all a bit messy:(

It actually goes against the grain for me to ask for files to be made smaller. Archiving wise it is a retrograde step, but currently our disk space / bandwidth are still not infinite :(

I think it would be cool for some sort of cloud vault that would take raw scans/audio/video. A real archive, just at the point of capture.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 08:28:02 AM »

Me BAD!!!!!

1) After we made this book live I ran the update suite for the site's "Additional Information" section and IDIOT that I am forgot to run one bit.

2)  To compound this INCOMPETENT that I am I also forgot to check!

3) The SLACKER that I am took all this time to look at your post!

Anyway ISFDB (The Internet Speculative Fiction Database -bit of a mouthful!) data is now live on the book, I apologize thrice and I am about to sit on the naughty chair!
ip icon Logged

beb

message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »

I've uploaded a second version of Amazing Stories, December 1930, this one with the missing page 847.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.