in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

A webcomic about hockey

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: A webcomic about hockey  (Read 1669 times)

extraskater

message icon
A webcomic about hockey
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:14:17 PM »

Well, it's a little bit weird (and a lil bit embarrassing), but here it goes. A month ago I started Even Strength, a webcomic about a minor hockey team.

This is the address: http://ev55.co
The strips are updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm still working on the website regular updates.

Recently, I also started a page on Facebook where I intend to post small strips with a prologue to the website strips. https://www.facebook.com/evenstrength
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: A webcomic about hockey
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:01:17 PM »

Nice start ES!
I grew up playing hockey and only stopped when injuries finally caught up with me.
One topic that gets a lot of attention are the adult parents in the audience being so loud, swearing at refs and occasionally attacking each other.  Another is concussions and finally fighting.  The rare girl wanting to play on a boys team has had to go to court to be settled.
Personally I'm amazed at the parents at these kids games.  They are there for their children to have fun and get some exercise but look out if their kid doesn't get a shift or someone happens to check one too hard.  Fireworks!

Good luck on your strip.

-Yoc
Former goalie
ip icon Logged

extraskater

message icon
Re: A webcomic about hockey
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »

Thanks, Yoc.
I'm from Brazil and we barely have hockey here. In my youth, I was a goalie too, but a soccer one. I wasn't stopped by injuries, but by lack
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.